- £456 per week
- £65 per night
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- No Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 2 single beds
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 1 bathroom
- Towels provided
- Family friendly
Important - Please note
- Check in: 4pm
- Check out: 10.00am
DescriptionA delightful Victorian cottage in the very heart of Woodbridge, superbly positioned in a square which surrounds the church of St John's, with its iconic spire.
ORFORD 12 miles (19km), BAWDSEY 11 miles (16km), SNAPE 13 miles (21km), ALDEBURGH 20 miles (33km)
About the Property: Spacious, comfortable and decorated throughout in subtle shades of white, this early Victorian terraced cottage feels light and airy at any time of year. A gate leads into the tiny cottage garden at the front of the cottage. There is a long, private paved cottage garden to the rear where the white theme continues - apple and weeping pear trees, roses and scented climbers - the garden is both private and sunny. A shed at the back for bike storage and gate to another side street makes life really easy for cyclists. There is a table and chairs and an outside bench where you can read in peace.
This property is ideal for: A relaxing getaway for a family or two couples.
Parking: There is no designated parking for the property, however you can purchase a Parking Permit from Woodbridge Library in order to use a nearby car park for the duration of your stay.
Setting: A short walk from The Thoroughfare and Elmhurst Park, White Cottage is tucked away in the heart of Woodbridge.
Exploring: Adults and older children (10+) will love White Cottage for its proximity to the shops, pubs and restaurants, The Riverside Theatre and superb ancient buildings and museums. Woodbridge is situated on the banks of the River Deben just a mile from Sutton Hoo and the Sandlings lie beyond - rare and wildlife rich heathlands, which stretch all the way to the coast at Bawdsey on Suffolk's heritage coast. This is a great location for walkers, cyclists and anyone with an interest in boats - there are sailing, cruising and canoe clubs in Woodbridge as well as a super boating lake - the experts are there at the weekend! For a gentle stroll walk along Woodbridge's glorious river bank to Kyson Point, or stride out across the heaths to Sutton. Despite its proximity to rail links to London, Woodbridge still retains that pleasant sleepy feel which pervades the Suffolk coast.
Eating and Drinking Out: Woodbridge boasts an array of pubs and restaurants and the surrounding area is fast becoming a foodie haven. The Riverside, next door to The Riverside Theatre, is recommended by The Good Food Guide 2012 has a delicious modern menu. Just outside of the town of Woodbridge lies Seckford Hall, which serves elegant food to the highest standards. Further afield, Milsoms in Kesgrave is a popular spot for dining at all hours of the day with breakfast, lunch and dinner menus available. There are excellent cafes and bakeries in neighbouring villages as well - with the famous Pump Street Bakery a must visit for newcomers to the area.
Self-Catering Eating: There is a Co-op on The Thoroughfare in Woodbridge alongside a greengrocers, deli and bakery. There is a Tesco Extra and an M&S Food at Martlesham which is a 10 minute drive away.
For more information about the area, including restaurants, pubs, cafes, shopping facilities, and things to do, please see our online guide Visit Woodbridge.
- There are coat hooks by the front door and space for shoes and boots. The sitting room has two sofas, coffee table, gas, coal effect fire, large flat screen TV with DVD and full HD Sky package, radio/CD player, IPod doc, and wi fi. There is an antique corner cabinet and book shelves in the alcove
- The dining area has a large wooden refectory style table and 6 chairs, writing desk and mirror.
- A door leads from the dining room to the kitchen, which has a stable door to the garden beyond. The oven is electric, the hob gas; there is a microwave, fridge (with small freezer compartment), dishwasher, toaster and kettle
- A door from the kitchen leads to the utility room where there is a washer/dryer, laundry equipment, further sink and w.c.
- Straight stairs lead from the sitting room to the first floor
- The double bedroom has Super King bed. There are attractive antique bedside tables and lamps and radio, a chest of drawers with mirror above, shelving and hooks and hangers for hanging clothes. The room is finished off with a pretty Victorian fireplace. The sash window has both blinds and curtains and looks out over St John's Church and grounds
- The twin bedroom has two full sized single beds, a bedside table and lamp, chest of drawers and hooks, window blind and curtains with views over the rear garden and the rooftops of Woodbridge
- The comfortable bathroom includes the original cast iron bath with overhead shower, heated towel rail, dressing table and linen cupboard
- To the front of the cottage is a tiny gated walled garden. The rear garden is very private; largely terraced it has white flower borders (Sissinghurst theme) with a weeping pear and apple tree, mature roses and shrubs. There is a table and chairs, deck chairs and garden benches and a parasol. It is south facing so in good weather sunny throughout the day. There is a rear gate so cyclists can bring their bikes into the garden and leave them in the garden shed.
- Bed linen and towels are provided, please bring your own beach towels
- The cottage is heated by gas central heating with a coal effect gas fire in the sitting room
- There is on road unrestricted parking outside and in the vicinity of the cottage
- Please note: Children under 10 are not permitted at this property
- Wifi provided.
- Parking: There is no designated parking at White Cottage. There is a car park around the corner as well as plenty of others in Woodbridge. Weekly permits can be purchased from the Woodbridge Library for around £10 per week. For more information please contact Suffolk Cottage Holidays.
Lovely cottage. Excellent location.
We had a wonderful week over new year at White Cottage. The owner has provided everything you need for a comfortable and homely stay, including some lovely extras (wine, milk, cookies etc) that you don’t often get. We will definitely be returning soon!