- £650 per week
- £93 per night
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- No Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 double bed
- 2 single beds
- 1 sofa bed
- 1 WC
- Towels provided
- Open fire or woodburner
- River views
- Harbour views
- Sea or coastal views
- Washing machine
- Private parking
- Ground floor WC
Important - Please note
- Check in: 4.00pm
- Check out: 10.00 am
The Harbour Master’s House oozes contemporary coastal living with the some of the best riverside views in Woodbridge.
This stylish Suffolk holiday home is spacious and extremely well fitted. The Harbour Master’s House has undergone complete renovation and offers very comfortable coastal living for family or friends. Woodbridge is a charming riverside market town with local pubs, book shops, antique shops and local food shops all just a short stroll away.
The property dates back to the 19th century and has been completely refurbished in the last couple of years, tastefully decorated to reflect its coastal location - perfect for a self catering holiday on the Suffolk coast. The two ground floor living rooms come complete with open fireplaces for the cooler evenings and the well fitted kitchen has everything you need to conjure up a culinary delight. There’s even a snooker table for a little competitive relaxation! The coastal style continues into the two first floor bedrooms, both beautifully appointed, one double and a twin (additional guests can be accommodated on the sofa bed in the sitting room). Waterfront shops, restaurants and pubs: 0.1 mile. Coast: 9.4 miles.
Why we love this property: relax on the riverside balcony with a coffee or a glass of wine and just chill. A stunning location with amenities on the doorstep.
Lobby area: coat stand and room for boots and shoes.
Sitting room: (divided into two discrete areas) 2 three seater sofas, large coffee table, log burning stove, large flat screen television (Free view package) HD and DVD. Large picture windows with wonderful views across the quay and the estuary.
Second sitting area: easy chairs and sofa. Games area: half size snooker table.
Utility room: washing machine, sink, storage cupboards.
Cloakroom: w.c wash hand basin, towel rail.
Landing: storage cupboard.
Double bedroom: king size bed, fitted cupboards with hanging space, chair, bedside tables and super views over the quay and estuary.
Twin bedroom: bedside table, two storage units, views over the quay.
Open plan living area: Fully fitted kitchen: built in electric range cooker with two ovens and 5 ring hob. Microwave, fridge, freezer and dishwasher. Central island incorporating dishwasher and double sink. Drinks fridge. Door leads to the large south facing balcony. Dining area: table with six chairs and fitted cupboard with a selection of local books and novels. Sitting area: log burning stove, sofa and easy chairs, small drinks tables. large flat screen television (Free view package) HD and DVD.
Bathroom: bath, overhead shower, w.c. and wash hand basin, towel rail.
Parking: private parking spaces for 2 cars directly behind the house.
Outside large south facing balcony: table and chairs, bbq. Views over the quay and the estuary, steps lead down from the balcony to the quay area.
Sleeps: 4-6 in one double bedroom and a twin; there is a sofa bed on the ground floor (needs to be booked in advance.)
Pets: Sorry no pets allowed.
Heating: central heating throughout plus 2 log burning stoves.
Notes: bedlinen and towels included. Broadband/wifi service is provided. No smoking.
Woodbridge is a historic town of great character situated on the River Deben. Its charm lies in the many narrow picturesque streets of fine houses and cottages, the river, the famous Tide Mill, the ancient buildings around the Market Hill and the fine Church. Woodbridge has an interesting shopping centre, with many specialist shops, good restaurants and pubs, together with art galleries, antique shops, the town museum and an excellent cinema/theatre, large recreation areas and an indoor heated swimming pool. With the benefit of a train station, guests can arrive from London Liverpool Street in under 2 hours.
- The front door opens into a lobby area with coat stand and plenty of room for outdoor books and shoes.
- To the left is the Sitting room, divided into two discrete areas, the larger area includes 2 x 3 seater sofas, large coffee table, log burning stove, large flat screen television (Free view package) HD and DVD. The large windows to the south side have wonderful views across the quay and the estuary
- There is a second sitting area with easy chairs and sofa
- To the right of the front door is a large games area with half size snooker table
- A door leads to the the utility room - washing machine, sink, storage cupboards - to one end of the utility room is a cloakroom with w.c wash hand basin, towel rail
- A door leads to a small hall with utility cupboard and stairs to the first floor
- The easy staircase leads to the landing with large storage cupboard
- Really delightful double bedroom with king size bed, loads of hanging space in fitted cupboards, chair, bedside tables and super views over the quay and estuary
- Twin bedded room with bedside table, two storage units, views over the quay
- The living area is open plan and includes
- Fully-fitted kitchen with built in electric range cooker with two ovens and 5 ring hob and microwave, fridge and freezer and dishwasher. There is a central island where the dishwasher and double sink are housed and a further unit which includes storage and drinks fridge. A door leads to the large south facing balcony
- There is a large dining table with six chairs and fitted cupboard with a great selection of local books and novels
- The sitter area includes a log burning stove, sofa and easy chairs, small drinks tables and fitted unit with additional storage, large flat screen television (Free view package) HD and DVD.
- Lovely contemporary bathroom with bath, overhead shower, w.c. and wash hand basin, towel rail
- Central heating throughout plus 2 log burning stoves
- Heating, bedlinen and towels included
- Parking in large courtyard for 2 cars
- Large south facing balcony with table and chairs, bbq overlooking the quay and the estuary, steps lead down from the balcony to the quay area
- In consideration of other visitors, guests are asked not to smoke indoors
- An unlimited broadband/wifi service is provided.
Woodbridge is a great little town for independent shops and restaurants. We did all our Christmas shopping there on the last day. We barely used the car all week.
We had a wonderful stay and hope to visit again, thanks!
Do we have to go home? We want to stay forever!! Thank You for allowing us to share the experience of your wonderful property. Have enjoyed every moment of our stay. P.S. Many thanks for the 'Welcome Pack'. Tony, Janet, Adan & Sarah.
Brilliant location and very well equipped
A fantastic place that we will certainly visit again.
Fantastic house and we had a wonderful stay.
Spent New Year in the property. Excellent location with everything on your doorstep. All local pubs very friendly and serving great food.