- £491 per week
- £70 per night
- 3 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 2 Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 double bed
- 1 single bed
- Washing machine
- 1 bathroom
- Towels provided
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
Important - Please note
- Check in: 16:00
- Check out: 10:00
A charming Grade 2 listed terraced cottage in the heart of Woodbridge, within easy walking distance of this lovely market town's amenities, pubs and eateries. Also a quick and easy walk from the train station, perfect for those travelling without a car.
ALDEBURGH 18 miles, ORFORD 12 miles, SNAPE 10 miles, SOUTHWOLD 28 miles, FRAMLINGHAM 12 miles
About the property: This delightful terraced cottage offers spacious accommodation for up to three people over two floors. From the light and airy bespoke kitchen a door leads through to the equally bright sitting room, with a door into the south-facing garden where there is a BBQ, an outside table and bench seat, and also two big comfy outdoor chairs. On the first floor there is a lovely double bedroom, cosy single bedroom, and a beautiful modern bathroom.
Sleeps: Three in one double and one single bedroom.
This property is ideal for: A couple or a small family. At Honeypot Cottage you're perfectly placed to enjoy all that lovely Woodbridge has to offer - beautiful river walks, independent shopping in the Thoroughfare, historical buildings - and all just a short walk to train and bus stations, perfect for those without a car wanting to venture further afield.
Minimum hire: Three nights, except in high season, when minimum booking is usually a week. Changeover day in high season is a Friday. Outside of high season you can start your break any day of the week you like.
Also: One well-behaved dog is accepted.
Self-catering eating and drinking: Woodbridge is a bit of a haven for foodies - just a few doors down you've got The Bakehouse Bakery, down the road the Woodbridge Deli, then Cook around the corner(top quality frozen food). There's also an old fashioned sweet shop, a butcher, fishmonger, greengrocer, another excellent bakery, farmer's market (2nd and 4th Saturday of every month, held in the community hall behind the Deben swimming pool), regular weekly market (Thursday mornings, on the Market Hill up the road from the cottage) and a smallish supermarket (Co-op) with a good selection of local produce.
If you need some good wine or beer to go with your good food you've got Smashing Wines at the bottom of Quay Street, and the Adnams shop (who also do some excellent treats and nibbles) near the train station.
Eating out: Where to begin? You really are spoilt for choice. Woodbridge boasts far more good eateries than a town of its size really should. Good pubs include The Anchor, The Kings Head and The Angel (NB if you like a G&T The Angel is a must-visit, stocking over 220 gins with a variety of tonics, along with a fabulous selection of other spirits, real ales and lagers, but they don't do food). Nearby The Old Mariner serves tapas, while Ye Olde Bell and Steelyard does a great Sunday roast.
Restaurants range from family-friendly dining at Prezzo (Italian) and the East Coast Diner (posh hotdogs, pizzas and cocktails), to the more 'grown-up' venues of The Table, The Galley, The Riverside (one-stop date-night restaurant and cinema) and The Crown. If you like a curry there is a choice of three good Indian restaurants within a short walk of Honeypot Cottage at Charisma, the Shapla and the Royal Bengal, and for Chinese food you have the Golden Panda.
You've also got a lovely selection of cafes and coffee shops for light lunches and snacks - Wild Strawberry Cafe, Honey & Harvey, The Firestation, The Tea Hut, The Pavilion, Mrs Pipers Tea Shop, Georgian Coffee House... all this and more within easy walking distance of Honeypot Cottage!
Entertainment: Flatscreen TV with DVD player and Freesat... alternatively, take a 10-minute stroll to The Riverside Cinema, Theatre and Restaurant. If you like live music, The Angel hold regular live music nights (usually on a Monday), as does The Old Mariner, and you can often catch an impromptu folk session at The Anchor.
Locally: Visit Sutton Hoo - home to one of the greatest archaeological discoveries of all time, now under the watchful eye of the National Trust. Less than 10 minutes by car, or a pleasant (though not particularly short) walk, mainly along the river.
Head to the coast - Aldeburgh for fish and chips, Southwold and Felixstowe for arcades and piers, Shingle Street for a walk on the wild side, Orford for nature and military history.
Eat - yes, more good food! The Greyhound at Pettistree, The Ufford Crown, The Ramsholt Arms(a must for a summer evening drink watching the sun set over the river)... the list goes on.
For more ideas and places to visit (and eat!) check out our 'Visit Woodbridge' site.
- Hallway with hanging hooks for coats
- Kitchen with dining table and chairs for four. Four-ring gas hob with electric oven, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, toaster, kettle and cafetiere. Washing machine in larder. Double-glazed window.
- Sitting room with sofa and large armchair. Flatscreen TV with integrated DVD player and Freesat. Door to garden.
- The wooden stairs to the first floor are slightly steep, with a left turn and handrail. There is a stairgate at the top.
- Double bedroom, bedside units and lamps, large chest of drawers, small walk-in wardrobe, mirror, hairdryer. Double-glazed window.
- Single bedroom with bedside unit and lamp, large shelf and clothes rail, mirror
- The bathroom has a bath with shower over, wash basin and w.c.
- Please note, there is a low doorway from the landing through to the bathroom and single bedroom
- A sunny, paved, terraced garden, with mature shrubs, low table and bench seat as well as two large comfortable chairs. Please supervise dogs outside.
- A charcoal barbecue is available for guests' use
- Central heating is included
- Bed linen and towels provided, but please bring your own beach towels if you are planning a trip to the coast. If using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding for it.
- Please do not smoke in Honeypot Cottage
- One well-behaved dog is welcome
- Wifi is provided but do note that the connection may be slower and patchier than you might be used to.
- Parking: There is no designated parking at Honeypot Cottage. There is a car park around the corner as well as plenty of others in Woodbridge, and free parking on the streets nearby.
- Other items provided in the cottage include: an iron and ironing board, a stairgate, a hairdryer and a hoover.
Very comfortable cottage in an excellent location