- £880 per week
- £126 per night
- 6 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- No Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 2 king/super-king beds
- 2 single beds
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Open fire or woodburner
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Family friendly
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - Please note
- Check in: Between 15:15 and 15:15
- Check out: After 15:15
A stunning Suffolk holiday home in the heart of Woodbridge. Perfect for a family holiday with stylish interiors and a private garden.
This Regency property is fabulous offering spacious accommodation for six guests in three comfortable bedrooms. Interiors are spacious with sociable living rooms and a well equipped kitchen for your self catering needs including an Aga and a large dining table with chairs and benches. There’s even a lift for your bags allowing less able guests to ascend to the first floor with ease. Tucked away down a quiet lane, 4 Doric Place is close to the shops, cafes and pubs in Woodbridge, perfect for a family or couples planning a coastal holiday in Suffolk. Woodbridge is a great base with the Riverside Theatre and some beautiful historic buildings and museums. Situated on the banks of the River Deben just a mile from Sutton Hoo and the Sandlings, a rare and wildlife rich heathland which stretches to Bawdsey on Suffolk's heritage coast. Great for a walking or cycling holiday and popular for canoeing and boating.
Shops and pubs in Woodbridge. Orford 12 miles, Bawdsey 11 miles, Snape 13 miles, Aldeburgh 20 miles.
Why we love this property… fabulous period living in the heart of Woodbridge - pop out for breakfast, stroll around the town of head to the coast, great for families.
- Sitting room: L-shaped, arm chair, side tables, corner cupboard, flat screen TV with Freeview, Blu-ray recorder, DVD, books and CDs. Nintendo Wii.
- Shower room: walk in shower, wash hand basin, WC.
- Second sitting room: 2 sofas, footstools, 2 chairs, bookcase with local interest books and maps and board games for all the family.
- Kitchen/dining room: 2-oven gas AGA, electric cooker, dishwasher and fridge with freezer above, microwave, dining table seats 8 with benches and chairs. iPod dock/Radio.
- Utility room: washing machine, tumble dryer, butler sink.
To the back of the hall there is a lift for transporting bags and cases to the first floor. Suitable for adult use. Please see weight restrictions. Children should not use the lift without adult supervision.
- Master bedroom: king size bed, bedside tables and lamps, chest, easy chair.
- Ensuite: shower, WC, wash hand basin.
- Bedroom 2: king size bed, bedside tables, chest, bay window with window seat.
- Bedroom 3: twin beds plus trundle bed under, bedside table, chest, cosy curtained nook in the wall for children to read or play.
- Cloakroom: WC, wash hand basin.
- Family bathroom: roll top bath, separate shower, wash hand basin.
- Outside: private courtyard garden with bistro table and chairs, south-facing lawn across the lane in front of the house. Very private, garden seat. Summer house with space to store bikes, terrace with garden table and benches, barbecue with fuel is provided. Table football game in shed. Outdoor games for the garden including swing ball, badminton and croquet.
- Parking: no parking at 4 Doric Place but there is a car park nearby. Weekly permits can be purchased from the Tourist Information Centre for around £10 per week.
- Sleeps: 6 in 3 bedrooms.
- Pets: sorry, no pets.
- Heating: gas central heating throughout.
- Notes: WiFi. Bed linen and towels provided, please bring your own beach towels, hair dryer. Please note: some low doorways and steep, narrow staircase so toddlers and young children will need supervision on the stairs. Passenger lift to the 1st floor, ideal for the elderly as well as for suitcases etc. No smoking. Check in: 4pm. Check out: 10am.
- The front door opens into the hall to the left of which is
- Spacious sitting room with large and comfortable L-shaped, arm chair, side tables. Tables and lamps, large corner cupboard and flat screen TV with Freeview, Blu-ray recorder, DVD, books and CDs. There is also a Nintendo Wii.
- Beside the sitting room is a ground floor shower room with walk in shower, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail.
- To the right of the hall is the second sitting room with 2 large sofas, 2 footstools, coffee table, Small Table and 2 chairs, bookcase with local interest books and maps and board games for all the family.
- A door leads from the sitting room to the large kitchen/dining room. Fully fitted, there is a 2-oven gas AGA and a large electric cooker, dishwasher and fridge with freezer above, microwave, cafetiere, and stove top coffee pot and good supply of equipment. The dining table seats 8 with benches and chairs. There is an iPod dock/Radio in here.
- Beyond the kitchen is the utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer, butler sink, iron board and iron and loads of cupboard space. A door leads from the utility room to the front of the house and a further door opens onto the courtyard garden.
- To the back of the hall there is a lift, ideal for transporting bags and cases to the first floor, it is also suitable for adult use. Please see weight restrictions. Children should not use the lift without adult supervision.
- There is a master bedroom with king sized bed, bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers and easy chair.
- The ensuite bathroom has a shower, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail
- Bedroom 2 has a king sized double bed, bedside tables and chest of drawers. There is a coal effect gas fire in the Victorian fireplace, and an easy chair. The bay window includes a window seat and cushions.
- Bedroom 3 has full sized twin beds and a further trundle bed underneath, bedside table and lamps, and a chest of drawers. A curtained nook set into the wall is a fun place for children to read or play.
- There is an upstairs cloakroom with w.c. and wash basin, towel rail
- The enormous family bathroom includes a roll top bath, separate shower and wash basin. There are large built in cupboards with limited hanging space. An easy chair in the window recess is a very attractive addition.
- There is a private courtyard garden with bistro table and chairs.
- A south-facing spacious lawned and planted garden is situated across the lane in front of the house. Surrounded by roses and mature shrubs, the garden is very private, with a garden seat on the lawn. A summer house offers space to store bikes or sit and relax in chilly weather, and there is a terrace with garden table and benches, and a barbecue. This section of garden is also walled.
- There is a charcoal barbecue available, fuel is provided. There is also a table football game for holidaymakers use in the shed.
- Bed linen and towels provided, please bring your own beach towels. There is also a hair dryer.
- Gas central heating throughout the house
- Unlimited Wifi
- Games, books and DVDs in the house, there is also a great collection of outdoor games for the garden including swing ball, badminton and croquet.
- The Angel - tel. 01394 383808
- The Anchor - tel. 01394 382649
- The Cherry Tree - tel. 01394 384627
- The Kings Head - tel. 01394 387750. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criterion for your choice of property
- Parking: There is no parking at 4 Doric Place. There is a car park around the corner as well as plenty of others in Woodbridge. Weekly permits can be purchased from the Tourist Information Centre for around £10 per week. For more information please contact Suffolk Cottage Holidays.
- Please be aware, there are some low doorways. The property has a steep and narrow staircase so toddlers and young children will need supervision on the stairs. There is a passenger lift to the 1st floor, ideal for the elderly as well as for suitcases etc.