- £780 per week
- £111 per night
- 7 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 2 Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 3 king/super-king beds
- 1 sofa bed
- 3 WCs
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Open fire or woodburner
- Welcome pack
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Family friendly
Important - Please note
- Check in: 7:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
- Parking permit - £10 for a week (last time he [homeowner] checked).
A more stunning house in Woodbridge would be hard to find. This light, bright, homely accommodation is a real life tardis - just waiting to welcome couples or families to the Suffolk riverbanks of Woodbridge. Dating back to the 1600's, the stunning period property has all the mod-cons a 21st century holidaymaker could ever wish for, making self catering a dream.
About the Property: Tucked away on the Woodbridge Thoroughfare, Beresford House is truly a hidden gem. Walking up the stairs do guests only start to see some of the amazing architecture of this period property. Walking to the left of the landing you arrive in the fully fitted kitchen with island, inglenook fireplace (with essential wine rack) and window seat. You can really imagine cooking up a storm here - imagine magazine style living; you can experience it in real life! Two steps up lead to the sitting room where you truly will be blown away. The soothing white and blue hues mean that the eye is drawn out; looking out over towards Elmhurst Park, the edges of Sutton Hoo and, in wintertime, you may also catch glimpses of the river Deben. The sun room, complete with dining table, is the perfect place to watch the sun set beyond the horizon... bliss. If you can take your eyes off the view then the sitting room itself is fully kitted out with large Smart TV, WiFi, log burning stove and board games - so there really is something to entertain all ages.
If you're impressed with the living areas, then the bedrooms will certainly not disappoint. The master bedroom, with superking bed, has views over the Thoroughfare, and the benefit of its' own walk in dressing room/wardrobe; plenty of room luggage. Further along is the second double room with king sized bed and modern en-suite. A further staircase (with traditional steep cottage stairs) leads to the third bedroom with king sized bed and small sitting area with TV. This attic room has velux windows, again with the same lovely views as the living room.
An extra bonus is the private, walled garden with barbecue - accessed by steps from the sun room.
Ideal for: 3 couples or a multi-generational family looking to enjoy the delights of the market town of Woodbridge with no added stress. Beresford House has all the equipment you could possibly need to make holidays a joy. What's more; two dogs are also welcome, so no-one gets left behind!
There is plenty to explore in Woodbridge; from the Tide Mill Living Museum to the countless shops and eateries; there is something going on in all seasons. Particular highlights of the year include the Woodbridge Shuck Festival, the Woodbridge Regatta and the Woodbridge Christmas Market to name but a few. There is a real community atmosphere; with most of the shops stocking locally sourced produce and gifts.
For daytime activities we recommend strolls along the river Deben. The riverside footpath takes you through woodland and fields; and showcases a rich variety of local wildlife that call the river home. For a historical visit we recommend a trip to Sutton Hoo; home to two Anglo-Saxon cemeteries this is a really interesting site for both young and old. With numerous re-enactments taking place throughout the year, this is fantastic opportunity to see history come to life.
Self Catering: Woodbridge has the benefit of a wide variety of local food shops, including award winning bakeries, a deli, a COOK frozen food store, a fish hut and greengrocers. A weekly market is held of Market Hill and at the nearby Turban Centre, both good places to pick up a locally sourced bargain. There are two Co-Op stores in the town, with a large Tesco store being found in nearby Martlesham, just a 10 minute drive away.
Eating and Drinking out: Step out of the door and feast your eyes on the numerous culinary delights just waiting to welcome you. Woodbridge is full of well known chains as well as independent pubs and restaurants; you won't need to use the car at all!
For more information on what to do in the area, be sure to check out our sister site, Visit Woodbridge.
Beresford House is accessed via a commercial entrance on the Thoroughfare. There are 11 steps to the First Floor.
- The stairs lead to a landing with doors to the bedrooms, bathroom and kitchen.
- Fully fitted kitchen with modern units, central island with breakfast bar and stools, electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, radio and window seat with cushions. Two steps lead to the
- Generous sized sitting room with views towards Elmhurst Park. Complete with 2 3 seat sofas, 2 armchairs, coffee tables, woodburning stove, Smart TV and a selection of board games. A door from the Sitting Room leads to the
- Sun Room with table and chairs overlooking Elmhurst Park. There is also a washer/dryer. A door leads to a metal staircase which gives access to the private walled garden.
- Master Bedroom which is of very generous size with views over the Thoroughfare with Superking bed, walk in wardrobe with drawer and hanging space, bedside table and lamps, feature fireplace and occasional chair.
- Formal Dining room with table and chairs for 6. Stunning carved woodwork in the beam above. Views over the Thoroughfare.
- A step down from the landing leads to the Family Bathroom with bath, shower cubicle, wash basin and w.c.
- Bedroom 2 with King sized bed, bedside drawer units and lamps, wardrobe, dressing table with mirror and stool. Views over the Thoroughfare. A door leads to the En-suite bathroom with bath and overhead shower, wash basin and w.c.
- A separate door on the landing reveals a steep, narrow, cottage staircase leading to the attic room/Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 3 with King sized bed, bedside drawer units and lamps and walk in wardrobe. Two steps lead up to a sitting area with daybed, floor cushions, floor lamp and TV. Views from the Velux windows towards Elmhurst Park. A door leads to the En-suite bathroom with shower cubicle, wash basin and w.c.
- A small private, walled garden is accessed via a set of steps from the sun room. There is a BBQ available to holidaymakers.
- Gas fired central heating is provided.
- In respect of future guests and the owners, please do not smoke in Beresford House.
- All bed linen and towels are provided, but please bring your own beach and dog towels. If you intend to use the travel cot, please provide your own linen.
- The property is situated above a cafe, which is owned by the owners of Beresford House.
- Parking is available at the nearby long stay. A weekly parking permit can be obtained from the Woodbridge Tourist Information Centre within the library.
We cannot fault this place. Its impeccable. Perfect for our large family or 2 families sharing. Everything you need in a home from home, right in the centre of town with a stroll to many great bars and restaurants. Brilliant location for sight seeing around the whole of Suffolk. We will be back!
Clean and comfortable accommodation for 7 adults. Large airy lounge. 3 roomy bathrooms a bonus. Owner and staff very helpful. The cafe on the ground floor well worth a visit. Thank you all very much,
Absolutely the best rental property we have ever stayed in. Cannot praise this accommodation highly enough. It is spacious, full of character, extremely well equipped (we had guests for lunch and dinner and there were plenty of plates, glasses, knives and forks) and excellently located.
we absolutely loved the house - it was all we expected and more. Location was perfect, and it was equipped much better than any other rental we have stayed in previously. We are trying to find an excuse to come back! My two grand-daughters particularly loved the upstairs bedroom. Thank you very much.
Beautiful property in the heart of the town - spacious, light and quiet with stunning views.
We loved staying at Beresford House, it's such a lovely place. Thank you so much for having us!
Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Beresford House is a lovely and well appointed property. It is spacious, warm and inviting. The property has modern updates, is clean and quite cozy. It’s location on the Thoroughfare provided access to various shops in town. I would recommend this property to visitors. .