- £425 per week
- £61 per night
- 2 Guests
- 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom
- 1 Pet
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 double bed
- 1 sofa bed
- Towels provided
- Swimming pool
- Private parking
A really spacious and comfortable first floor studio apartment with distant views over the fields and meadows towards Snape Maltings. It has its own south west facing terrace and access to the common on one side and the owner's fields and meadows on the other.
ALDEBURGH 6 miles, ORFORD 7.5 miles, SOUTHWOLD 18 miles, DUNWICH 17 miles
Vincent Studio is a completely self-contained first floor studio apartment, situated over the garage (used only for storage) beside the owner's house. It is attached to the owner's property only at ground floor level where there is a private lobby and door to the rear garden. The large living area includes a comfortable sitting area with new sofa bed (ideal for guest or child) and built in cupboard with ample hanging space. At the far end is the bedroom area with double bed, bedside tables, chest of drawers and easy chair and table, ideally positioned to enjoy the glorious views or simply for quiet reading.
Centrally heated throughout, the studio is warm and comfortable with extensive views over the pastures towards Snape Bridge and the Maltings.
Grounds: Vincent Studio is set well back from the road, and can be reached across the common opposite Snape church. There is a sweeping drive and car parking directly outside. From here an external staircase takes you upstairs to the kitchen. The rear garden, reached via a second staircase, has a lovely south west facing terrace with table, chairs and barbecue. Beyond the garden are the owners paddocks and meadows where you are welcome to walk your dog (if on a lead). From here you can enjoy miles of walking across the heaths, down to the river or through the woods.
There is a good sized heated covered swimming pool, available from the first week of May to the end of September (weather permitting). The pool is situated in a large full height poly tunnel and is 4ft 6ins deep, so is not suitable for diving. Guests are welcome to use the pool throughout the day. Please note that the owners do use the pool occasionally.
Situated in the midst of Snape common, Vincent Studio enjoys views over the common to the church in one direction and over the meadows and fields toward the river Alde in the other direction. The garden itself stretches to around a third of an acre, and the fields behind also belong to the owners - holidaymakers are welcome to access them.
A walk of around 15 - 20 minutes will take you to the Alde River and Snape Maltings, the internationally renowned concert hall, which hosts concerts and performances throughout the year including the Aldeburgh Festival in June and The Proms in August. Vincent Studio is ideal for a couple with or without a child - musicians rest reassured there is space for a cello or double bass, but there is no piano!
Parking: There is parking for a couple of cars in the drive.
Minimum Hire Three nights; except in high season when it is a week. Changeover is on Saturday for weekly bookings in high season.
Eating and Drinking: You certainly will be spoilt for choice at Vincent Studio! There is a village shop which includes a small off-license and sells daily papers, as well as the monthly Farmers' Markets. Look out for The Food Hall further down the road at Snape Maltings - a great deli with speciality breads and wines.
If cooking is not your thing, there are three pubs in the village, all of which use local produce on their menus. There is a great choice of excellent pub food at The Plough & Sail, including outstanding fish and chips, as well as a super menu at The Golden Key and a really lovely Sunday lunch menu at The Crown.
To do and to see: Loads! Snape Maltings Concert Hall, home of Aldeburgh Music, has a year-round programme of concerts, opera, jazz and ballet - something for everyone! Down at the river you will find the RSPB Advice Centre and from April throughout the summer you can enjoy lovely boat trips along the river towards Iken in one direction and Aldeburgh in the other.
This is a wonderful location for walkers; you can walk to Aldeburgh across the heaths and beside the river, as well as wander through the woods and explore. Once in Aldeburgh you can enjoy the beach as well as the great restaurants, pubs and shops.
All accommodation is on the First Floor
- From the front and parking area a staircase leads directly into a large kitchen / breakfast room with electric cooker, fridge with icebox and washing machine, microwave, toaster, kettle and coffee machine etc and a good array of fitted cupboards. There is a dining area with table and chairs, bookcase with books and games
- A door from the kitchen leads into the studio where there is a double sofa bed and chairs, coffee table, flat screen TV / DVD with free view, storage cupboards and side board.
- The bedroom is at the far end of the studio and includes a double bed, bedside cabinets and lamps, chest of drawers. There is a large bookcase with an eclectic selection of books. There is ample hanging space provided in a fitted cupboard in the sitting room.
- A door from the sitting room leads to the good sized bathroom with bath and overhead shower, wash basin w.c. and towel rail
- Leading from the sitting room is a door to a small hall with cupboard for cleaning equipment and ample space for your storage of shoes, coats, etc. Stairs here lead to the ground floor and a door to the rear garden
- The front garden overlooks Snape Common with the church in the distance. There is a parking space for up to two car in the drive to the front of the garden
- A door leads from the stairs at Vincent Studio to the rear garden where there is a secluded terrace with table and chairs, a barbecue and access to the fields beyond - a great area for dog walking.
- There is a covered swimming pool - heated from May to September - which may be used by arrangement with the owners
- Oil central heating throughout, bed linen and towels are provided
- In consideration of other visitors, guests are asked to refrain from smoking in the property
- A wi fi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for extensive work use. Excessive use of the internet will be charged at cost.
- There is plenty of space for bike storage.
- The Crown Inn, Snape - tel. 01728 688324
- The Golden Key, Snape - tel. 01728 688510
- The Plough & Sail Snape - tel. 01728 688413. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criteria for your choice of property
Have stayed at this studio three times now so that’s saying something.
Delightful property in great position for walking , very useful information and walking guides left for us and the property had some very likeable Christmas decor as we stayed over Christmas.
lovely location and has everything you need