- £606 per week
- £87 per night
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- No Pets
- Open fire or woodburner
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 double bed
- 2 single beds
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 1 bathroom
- Towels provided
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Private parking
- On one level, no stairs
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
DescriptionA delightful cottage set in the grounds of The Old Rectory in Orford. Private and peaceful location within easy walking distance of the quay.
SNAPE 5.5 miles (9km) ALDEBURGH 12 miles (17km) WOODBRIDGE 12 miles (19km) SOUTHWOLD 26 miles (42km) FRAMLINGHAM 13 miles (22km)
About the Property
Situated in the beautiful grounds of The Old Rectory at Orford, Old Rectory Cottage is perfectly situated for holidaymakers looking to explore the pretty village of Orford and the Suffolk heritage coast.
With the mouth of the rivers Alde and Ore just a 10 minute walk away, those looking for a picturesque place to holiday will not be disappointed.
Situated in the grounds of The Old Rectory, but with its own private and secluded garden, Old Rectory Cottage is so peaceful.
The approach to the cottage along a long picturesque drive is a real treat, and with parking for up to two cars immediately outside, unloading everything but the kitchen sink is made easy!
Sleeps Four in one double and one twin bedroom
This property is ideal for
A group of 4, or a family who would like to explore one of the prettiest villages on the Suffolk Heritage Coast. Those interested in the local history will be spoilt rotten - the 12th century castle built by Henry II and the fine medieval church dominate the skyline. Also, across the river is Orford Ness National Trust Nature Reserve, the largest vegetated shingle spit in Europe and a former military test site.
Orford has something to offer to everyone; walkers, sailors, cyclists, bird lovers, music and art lovers, those interested in history and food, or simply wanting to relax.
Minimum Hire Three nights; except in high season when it is a week. Changeover is usually a Friday.
Also No smoking, no pets.
Self-catering eating and drinking
Grocery deliveries are available and there is a great selection of catering options for your stay at Old Rectory Cottage. Pinney's of Orford have grown oysters at Butley Creek since the 1950s and their smoke house supplies mouth-watering freshly smoked fish every day.
Brinkleys fresh fish shed on Orford quay is the place to buy freshly caught fish, great on the BBQ!
There is Orford General Stores stocking all the essentials and more.
The smell of fresh-baked bread drifting on the breeze will surely lead you to the excellent Pump Street Bakery, purveyors of fantastic artisan bread, made by hand using traditional methods and natural ingredients.
All hardware such as travel cot and high chair are supplied for your use at Old Rectory Cottage and with all accommodation on the ground floor, this property is ideal for families with young children. Kids will enjoy playing in the large enclosed garden, and with plenty of board games and DVD player at the property, rainy days will not cause too many problems!
The Property includes TV and DVD player, ipod dock and games.
The Butley Orford Oysterage
The Butley Orford Oysterage, in Orfords pretty market square was opened by the Pinney family forty years ago and remains a family business. In a relaxed bistro atmosphere, they serve fish and seafood caught daily from their boats and smoked fish from their smokehouse in Butley Creek.
The Crown & Castle, Orford,
Co-owned by Channel 4 presenter, Ruth Watson, the Crown and Castle has a lively restaurant which has 2 AA rosettes and a Michelin bib gourmand in recognition of its excellent, locally sourced food.
The Jolly Sailor
The Jolly sailor is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and offers good local, freshly cooked produce.
The Kings Head
This historic 13th Century pub combines all the atmosphere of a traditional inn with great real ales, classic pub lunch favourites and a more traditional evening menu.
All accommodation at Old Rectory Cottage is on the ground floor
- Entrance hall (with cupboard housing washing machine, tumble dryer, iron and ironing board) leading to:
- Open plan living area including sitting room including coffee table, two sofas, open fire, TV, DVD player, book shelf with a selection of games and books, occasional table and lamps, ipod dock and French doors to patio/ garden
- Kitchen with dishwasher, microwave, electric oven and hob, fridge with freezer compartment, toaster, kettle, food mixer, dining table with 4 chairs
- Kingsize bedroom with bedside tables and lamps, chair, mirror, wardrobe with hanging space and shelves. Window with views over garden
- Twin bedroom with bedside table and lamps, two fitted wardrobes with hanging space & shelving. Window with views over garden
- Bathroom with large electric walk-in shower, bath, wash basin, w.c, heated towel rail and mirror
- Approx half acre of attractive gardens surrounding Old Rectory Cottage, with mature shrubs and trees. Patio with large table and chairs, barbecue, parking for up to two cars
- Bed linen and towels included but please bring your own beach towels. If using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding for it. A hoover is also provided.
- Holiday makers are asked, in consideration of other visitors, not to smoke in the house
- Central heating and electricity included
- A limited broadband/wi fi service is provided.
Simply beautiful and so conveniently located for the village amenities.
An excellently equipped cottage and perfect for our stay.