- £525 per week
- £75 per night
- 3 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 1 Pet
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 double bed
- 1 single bed
- 1 bathroom
- Towels provided
- Open fire or woodburner
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Family friendly
- Enclosed garden
A charming Suffolk holiday cottage opposite the castle, just a 2 minute walk from the Alde estuary with shops and pubs nearby.
Pump Cottage is a beautiful red brick property offering comfortable two bed accommodation with plenty of room for 3 guests. Interiors are stylish with a lovely coastal cottage vibe; the sitting room comes complete with woodburning stove, the kitchen is well kitted out and there’s a smart contemporary shower room. Step outside and relax in the pretty enclosed garden, bordered by a red brick wall, this is a lovely spot for alfresco dining. Pet friendly Pump Cottage is a great option for a self catering break in the popular coastal village of Orford. This historical seaside fishing spot is renowned for its excellent local food, pubs and pretty quayside for river trips. Explore further afield - Aldeburgh is within easy reach, a quintessential seaside town on the Suffolk coast with stylish shops, cafes, delis and prom. The area has some great cycling and walking routes and trails too so there’s something for everyone.
Shop and pub nearby. Riverside and beach a short walk away. Snape 5.5 miles, Aldeburgh and Woodbridge 12 miles, Southwold 26 miles, Framlingham 13 miles.
Why we love this property... head out for a stroll along the coast with the dog or relax in the garden… the views of the castle are awesome!
- Lobby area: space for coats and wellies.
- Cloakroom: WC, wash hand basin.
- Kitchen: electric cooker, dishwasher, fridge with freezer drawer, microwave, dining table and chairs.
- Sitting room: wood burning stove, arm chair, sofa, tub chair, coffee table, multi channel satellite TV, DVD and mini hi-fi system with iPod dock.
- Master bedroom: double bed, bedside table, chest of drawers, wardrobe, castle and sea views.
- Bedroom 2: single bed, bedside table.
- Shower room: shower, WC, wash basin.
- External utility: washing machine, tumble dryer (in outbuilding at side of cottage).
- Outside: fenced rear landscaped garden, outdoor furniture, parasol. Right of way at the rear of the back door for the neighbouring garden.
- Parking: available on the lane.
- Pets: 1 dog welcome.
- Sleeps: 3 in 2 bedrooms.
- Heating: electric radiators/storage heaters.
- Notes: WiFi, linen and towels provided. No smoking. Check in: 4pm. Check out: 10am.
- Lobby area with space for coats and wellies, door to cloakroom with toilet and wash hand basin
- Refurbished kitchen with tiled floor, electric cooker with cooker hood, dishwasher, fridge with small freezer drawer, microwave, dining table and chairs
- Sitting room with log burning stove, arm chair, sofa, tub chair, coffee table, multi channel satellite TV, DVD and mini hi-fi system with iPod dock
- Double bedroom with double bed and bedside table, chest of drawers, wardrobe, wonderful views of Orford Castle, and over the river and islands towards the sea. There is a hair dryer.
- Small single bedroom with single bed, bedside table
- Shower room with shower, w.c. and wash basin
- Washing machine and tumble dryer in outbuilding at side of cottage
- Central heating, lighting, linen and towels included.
- Heating by electric radiators and/or storage heaters
- Guests are asked to consider other holidaymakers and not smoke in the cottage
- A BT Infinity fibre broadband wifi service is provided, but please remember the service is provided by a third party, and may become unavailable due to circumstances beyond our or the owners' control.
- The Kings Head, Orford, tel. 01394 450271
- The Jolly Sailor, Orford, tel. 01396 450243. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice, so please do check the status if this is a criterion for your choice of property
- A delightful sunny, landscaped garden to the rear of the cottage with garden furniture, parasol. The garden is fenced. There is a right of way at the rear of the back door for the neighbouring garden.
- Parking on lane
No negatives, perfect location for our relaxing week away with dog
Lovely comfortable cosy cottage. A very high standard throughout. The garden was lovely and was a great place to catch the last of the days sunshine. Thank you for the cake and milk, a welcome after a long journey. Orford is a great location, the village has 3 good pubs which had a good selection of vegetarian meals. Orford Ness & Sutton Hoo both well worth a visit. We hope to return.
Loved our cottage, it was very clean and cosy, and had a lovely garden.
It was a beautiful cottage in a super location we had a lovely week
Lovely well-equipped cottage with wonderful outlook overlooking Orford Castle. Very dog-friendly & pretty village & quay. Would definitely go back again.
Our third winter break in Pump Cottage and once again we've had a lovely stay. The weather has been kind to us and we have have done some lovely walks. Thank you for the wine & Cake - much appreciated.
Very cosy stay in our perfect cottage. Great NYE at The Crown & Castle, plus some lovely meals at The Unruly Pig. Many thanks Wendy & Keith for a wonderful welcome pack and generous treats. Weather behaved for some super walks. We will be back!
A lovely place to stay. Cosy cottage in a great location. Thanks
Perfect cottage for us - couple with dog. Many thanks for a peaceful weekend.
Just a few days in this lovely place. Cottage fitted the bill perfectly. The wood burner gave a lovely cosy feel to the place.
Yes another lovely visit for a week in this delightful cottage. Very comfortable beds, super long walks plus wonderful weather, made for a great break. Super Sunday lunch as The Crown & Castle and an excellent lunch as The Unruly Pig. Many thanks to Wendy for the welcome pack and kindness. Be back for the New Year.
This is a delightful very clean and well presented cottage in a lovely village surrounded by glorious countryside.
Enjoyed our stay in well presented cottage. Orford is a jewel away from the masses! Shops, pubs & restaurants excellent. Long haul back to Dorset - unfortunately.
Spotlessly clean and comfortable cottage. We have had a lovely few days. Orford is beautiful as is all the surrounding countryside. We have tried all the pubs and the fish restaurant and enjoyed them all. The Crown & Castle and the Butley Oyster Restaurant particularly. Great place to stay, thank you!
Our first visit to Orford, will certainly be returning. Local pubs very good, as are the shops. Good local walks around Orford and one around Thorpeness. The cottage is well equipped and welcome cake, milk and wine a nice surprise - Many thanks
Another lovely week - although the weather wasn't quite as well behaved as in July. More lovely meals at The Crown & Castle and two lovely BBQ's in the sweet garden with great pork and fresh veg from Orford Stores. Many t hanks for a super welcome pack. Look forward to our return in October. Thank you
‘Had a lovely stay here in this cosy cottage. Very comfortable and everything you need for self catering. Had a good meal at Jolly Sailor and Kings Head. Both very friendly pubs’ Liz,Simon & Arnie (the dog), Herts Feb 2017
This was our third stay at Pump Cottage. The cottage is very well equipped, particularly the kitchen which, although small, has everything you could need. The quality of the bedding and towels is also exceptionally good.
Wonderful welcome pack and tasteful Xmas decorations- a very comfortable cottage in a perfect position.
We loved the cottage, and Orford and Suffolk – very wonderful places to visit, especially beautiful churches. Very comfortable bed, well equipped kitchen and a wonderful position under the guardianship of the Castle’
‘Very comfortable cottage, loved the garden and especially the shed for the bikes..... Orford is a lovely little town’
‘We have had a most relaxing break in Pump Cottage – the garden/courtyard a haven of scents, bees & birds. The whole of Orford England at its mid summer best’
‘We have enjoyed a lovely week here in Orford, such a beautiful and peaceful place to stay. Pump Cottage was perfect, so clean, comfortable and well appointed with everything you might need, such a pretty garden too’ Nicky & Ange, June 2017
‘What a wonderful time we had on our first visit to the beautiful Suffolk coast. Pump Cottage was great and fulfilled all our needs. If you really want to treat yourselves then have a meal at the Crown and Castle what an experience, rather pricey but fantastic!!’ Trevor, Michelle and Floss (the Yorkie), May 2017
‘Our second New Year at pump Cottage – we love it here! Cottage is so well equipped and has little touches that make it special ....we have made good use of the log burner- so cosy’