- £630 per week
- £90 per night
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 1 Pet
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 double bed
- 2 single beds
- 1 bathroom
- Towels provided
- Washing machine
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Private parking
- On one level, no stairs
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
The perfect coastal escape! This Suffolk barn overlooks the saltmarshes and the sea. Just a stone’s throw from the market square.
The Bothy is a single storey barn conversion with beautiful contemporary interiors providing plenty of space for four guests. Accommodation is stylish with a sociable open plan living space, vaulted beamed ceilings and French doors opening onto the terrace… simply relax on the garden sofas with a glass of wine. This lovely coastal holiday home is close to the market square, shops, cafes and pubs so it’s easy to pop out for coffee or lunch. Perfect for walking and cycling with many paths and trails on the doorsteps, this delightful holiday cottage is in the heart of the Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Orford is the perfect base for a holiday in Suffolk, a coastal village with a fascinating 12th century castle keep, once a major pillar in the defence of the English coast. Take a five minute boat trip across the estuary to Orford Ness, an area of historic and environmental fascination run by the National Trust. The Bothy is a great option for a family or two couples looking for a self catering holiday on the Suffolk coast.
Shop and pubs nearby. Estuary a short walk away. Snape 5.5 miles, Aldeburgh and Woodbridge 12 miles, Southwold 26 miles, Framlingham 13 miles.
Why we love this property… What an awesome spot! With amazing views from Aldeburgh to Havergate Island and the market square close by too, it’s perfect.
Open plan living space
- Kitchen: dishwasher, fridge with ice box, washing machine, microwave, Nespresso coffee machine, electric oven and hob.
- Dining area: table and chairs.
- Sitting area: sofa, chairs, coffee table, Dyson fan, large flat screen TV with SKY and DVD, iPod dock and DAB radio / CD player. French doors onto terrace.
- Master bedroom: double brass bedstead, bedside tables, lamps and wardrobe.
- Bathroom: bath with shower over, wash hand basin and WC.
- Bedroom 2: twin beds, wardrobe, chest of drawers, bedside table and lamps.
- Outside: terrace sofa/seating area and additional communal lawns.
- Parking: off street parking at the property for one car.
- Sleeps: 4 in 2 bedrooms.
- Pets: 1 dog welcome.
- Heating: electric wall mounted panel convector heaters.
- Notes: WiFi, linen and towels provided. Please bring own beach towels. High chair and travel cot available (please provide your own cot bedding). No smoking. Check in: 4pm. Check out: 10am.
- Double doors open from the terrace into the lofty open plan living room
- The kitchen is fully fitted with lots of built in cupboard space and dishwasher, fridge with ice box, washing machine, microwave, Nespresso coffee machine, electric oven and hob and an excellent supply of kitchen equipment
- To the right of the kitchen is the dining area with table and chairs, lamps and cupboard
- The large sitting area has sofa and chairs, coffee table, large lamp, Dyson fan and large flat screen TV showing SKY and DVD, iPod dock and DAB radio / CD player
- Large picture windows open out onto the terrace. Adjustable blinds ensure that you can adjust the lighting according to your requirements day and night
- Twin bedroom with matching single beds, pine wardrobe, pine chest of drawers, bedside table and lamps
- Double bedroom with brass bedstead, bedside tables and lamps and wardrobe.
- Well equipped bathroom with bath and overhead shower, wash basin and w.c., heated towel rail
- There is a terrace outside with outside sofa/seating area
- An attractive communal grassed area surrounds the barns
- There is private parking for one car, additional parking in the street
- Electric wall mounted panel convector heaters, bed linen and towels are included in the price. Please bring own beach towels. If using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding for it.
- In consideration of other visitors, please do not smoke in the property
- The Kings Head - tel. 01394 450271
- The Jolly Sailor - tel. 01394 450243. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criterion for your choice of property
- Wi fi is provided.
- Other equipment provided includes: an iron and ironing board, hairdryer and hoover.
Lovely property/location and great time had as always....!!
We keep returning because it is a great place - Orford and the Bothy
Superb. We'll be booking again.
Lovely location, excellent quality home with all you need! We stayed for a few days in Feb 19 and were extremely lucky with the weather. The house is great - very clean, with all mod cons and in a lovely location with easy access to the water and the town.