- £635 per week
- £91 per night
- 6 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 1 Pet
Beds & bedrooms
- 2 double beds
- 2 single beds
- Towels provided
- Open fire or woodburner
- Washing machine
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Enclosed garden
- Private parking
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - Please note
- Check in: 7:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
A charming self-catering cottage in a rural spot near Diss. The ultimate family holiday home with garden and parking, close to the Norfolk Broads.
The Cottage is great… completely refurbished to offer stylish contemporary interiors on the Suffolk/Norfolk border. Accommodation is over two floors with three bedrooms and spacious reception rooms for sociable living, perfect for a celebration with family or friends. The sitting room has exposed wooden beams, soft seating and a cosy wood burning stove, a relaxing retreat during the cooler months. In contrast, the garden room is perfect on warm summer days, with doors out onto the patio for alfresco living. Children will love the ‘den’, furnished with bean bags and sofa, a place of their own to chill out and watch TV or play games…(there’s Netflix too if you have an account!).
This dog friendly holiday home ticks all the boxes for style and location - get out and about and explore this beautiful area… walk (or drive) into Diss, around 2.5 miles, home to independent shops, cafes and restaurants and well worth a visit. Don’t miss the Mere and gardens - very picturesque. There’s a train station in Diss with connections to London and a good option for visiting Norwich, (20 minutes) a shoppers paradise! Children will love Banham Zoo and the Bressingham Steam Museum and Gardens are also worth a visit. Take a stroll along Thornham Walks with its buggy friendly paths… dogs on leads are welcome too!.
The Cottage within easy reach of Yaxley Hall and Abbey Hall, perfect for accommodating wedding guests.
Coast at Southwold 27 miles, Diss 2.5 miles, Bungay and the Broads 16 miles, Norwich 21 miles, Bury St Edmunds 24 miles.
Why we love this property… a tardis like cottage in the countryside, a luxurious dog friendly bolthole with Diss on the doorstep and an awesome kid’s den!
- Entrance hall: coat hooks and boot storage.
- Sitting room: two sofas, coffee table, Smart TV showing Freeview, speaker with AUX point, wood-burning stove, telephone for emergency calls.
- Kitchen/diner: electric oven and 4 ring hob, large fridge/freezer, microwave, dresser, table with seating for 8. Stable door to garden.
- Shower room: corner shower unit with rain and power shower head, wash hand basin, WC, washing machine.
- Large conservatory/garden room: open, decorative bookcase, 2 sofas, door to the fenced outdoor patio dining area.
- Playroom/teenage den: 2 beanbags, sofa, armchair, bookcase, large Smart TV with DVD and access to Netflix if you have your own Netflix account.
Stairs from the playroom lead to the first floor with fixed stair-gate at the top.
- Landing: wardrobe and chests.
- Master bedroom: double bed, bedside drawer units and lamps, dressing table, wardrobe, free-standing drawer unit.
- Bedroom 2: twin beds, small bedside drawer unit, bedside lamp, chest, clothes rail.
- Bedroom 3: double bed, bedside drawer units, lamps, free-standing drawer unit.
- Bathroom: roll-top, claw foot bath and hand held shower, wash hand basin, WC.
- Outside: cottage garden with path to drive. Good size rear garden with lawn and patio, and dining furniture. Shed for bike storage.
- Parking: off-street parking for 2 cars.
- Sleeps: 6 in 3 bedrooms.
- Pets: 1 dog welcome.
- Heating: central heating included. Wood provided for fire.
- Notes: WiFi, bed linen and towels provided, please bring your own beach towels. Stair gate at the top of the stairs, travel cot, high chair, baby bath and children's crockery provided. Hairdryers in all bedrooms. No smoking. Check in: 4pm. Check out: 10am
- The front door opens into the entrance hall with coat hooks and boot storage.
- Sitting room with sideboards and lamps, two sofas, coffee table, Smart TV showing Freeview, speaker with AUX point, wood-burning stove, floor lamp and telephone for emergency calls.
- Fully fitted, good sized kitchen/diner with plenty of cooking equipment, utensils and storage, electric oven and 4 ring hob, large fridge/freezer, microwave, 4-slice toaster, kettle, radio with AUX point, dresser, table with seating for 8. A stable door leads to the garden. You will also find an iron, mop and bucket and a selection of children's crockery in the kitchen.
- Shower room with corner shower unit with rain and power shower head, basin, w.c., heated towel rail and washing machine. You will also find an ironing board, clothes horse and child's step in the shower room.
- Large conservatory/garden room with open, decorative bookcase, 2 sofas, coffee table and nest of tables. A door leads out to the fenced outdoor patio dining area.
- Playroom/teenage den with 2 beanbags, sofa, armchair, bookcase with a selection of books for varying ages along with a pack of playing cards, and a large Smart TV with DVD and access to Netflix if you have your own Netflix acount. Stairs from the playroom lead to the first floor with fixed stair-gate at the top.
- The stairs lead to the large, long landing with wardrobe and chests.
- Master Bedroom with double bed, bedside drawer units and lamps, digital clock radio, dressing table with stool and mirror, wardrobe and free-standing drawer unit.
- Twin Bedroom with two full sized single beds, small bedside drawer unit with bedside lamp and clock radio, chest of drawers and clothes rail.
- Double Bedroom with double bed, bedside drawer units with bedside lamps and clock radio, free-standing drawer unit.
- Family Bathroom with roll-top, claw foot bath and hand held shower, basin, w.c. and heated towel rail.
- There is a gorgeous cottage garden with decorative well to the front, with a path leading to the drive.
- To the rear is a good sized garden with equal areas laid to lawn and patio. There is a bench to admire the plant-life, as well as a fenced al-fresco dining patio area with outdoor furniture. A shed provides the perfect place for bike storage.
- Off-street parking for 2 cars.
- Central heating is included.
- Bed linen and towels provided, but please bring your own beach towels if you are planning a trip to the coast.
- Please do not smoke in The Cottage.
- Wifi is provided.
- For parents with young children there is a stairgate at the top of the stairs, a travel cot, high chair, baby bath and children's crockery provided. There is also a washing machine, iron and ironing board.
- Wood is provided for the fire.
- There are hairdryers in each bedroom.
Excellent cottage and very comfortable.