- £461 per week
- £66 per night
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 2 Pets
- Welcome pack
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 2 single beds
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 1 bathroom
- 1 WC
- Towels provided
- Enclosed garden
- Private parking
- On one level, no stairs
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
On the North Suffolk/Norfolk borders, close to the thriving town of Harleston, The Golden Cross is just waiting to draw holidaymakers to the countryside. Perfect for those travelling by rail, you can arrive by train from London Liverpool Street in just under 2 1/2 hours - so what are you waiting for? Book your relaxing getaway today!
About the Property: In the heart of the countryside village of Mendham, The Golden Cross, alongside it's adjoining neighbour The Kiln (also a holiday let) lay within the boundaries of the owners property. Named after the former village pub, The Golden Cross offers ground floor accommodation for visitors. With two good sized bedrooms, a shower room and open plan living/dining and kitchen area, families and friends alike can enjoy this property and the homely delights it can offer.
Not only do guests have a dedicated parking space, there is a small patio enclosed patio area to the front, as well as access to the owners' garden should you wish to feel the grass between your toes.
Ideal for: Families, friends or couples wishing to explore the Suffolk countryside and Norfolk borders from the comfort of a homely base.
Pets: 2 well behaved dogs welcome. Just across the road is access to a variety of footpaths fields - great for exercising. Guests are also welcome to walk their dog in the owners garden, but are asked to keep them on a lead.
Exploring: The Golden Cross really does provide a perfect central base for exploring all the delights of Suffolk and neighbouring Norfolk. For families, why not take a trup to the Oasis Camel Centre? Get up close and personal with camels and their friends, and take in the surroundings from a new level as you go on a trail ride. For those wishing to be active, or amuse the kids on a rainy day, Harleston Leisure Centre is just a short drive down the road and offers a gym, tennis and squash courts and an outdoor play area. If the coast is calling you, then you'll pleased to hear that the Southwold coast is just a 30 minute drive by car. Complete with pier and a range of high street shops, there's much to do here to keep all ages entertained.
Eating and Drinking out: Whilst there are a small selection of eateries to choose from in nearby Harleston, the closest local pub to The Golden Cross is The Wortwell Bell, offering a good selection of meals and tipples. Dogs are welcome too so no-one get's left behind.
Self catering: Whilst most big name supermarkets will deliver to The Golden Cross, the closest supermarket can be found at Harleston. For local produce, why not head to Goodies Food Hall? This award winning farm shop hosts a butcher, bakery, dairy in addition to fruit, vegetables and general produce. Make a morning of it by visiting their on site cafe.
For more information on what to do in the area, please visit our sister website www.visit-northsuffolk.co.uk.
- Step up to the front door which opens onto the open plan living area with dining table and chairs for 4, fully fitted kitchen with cupboard storage, oven with gas hob, fridge with freezer compartment, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine. Sitting area with 2 sofas, coffee table, TV showing Freeview with DVD player.
- A door leads to the shower room with large shower cubicle, w.c. and basin.
- Master bedroom with king sized bed, bedside tables and lamps, dressing table and stool and built in wardrobe.
- The second bedroom has two 2'6 single beds with bedside table and lamp, dressing table and stool and built in wardrobe.
- Small enclosed patio area with furniture.
- Access to the owners' garden (shared with holidaymakers at The Kiln) which is laid to lawn.
- Central heating is included
- Bed linen and towels provided, but please bring your own beach towels if you are planning a trip to the coast.
- Please do not smoke in The Golden Cross.
- Wifi is provided but do note that the connection may be slower and patchier than you might be used to.
Very clean and well equipped, hosts welcoming and accommodating