- £1740 per week
- £249 per night
- 14 Guests
- 7 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- No Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 4 double beds
- 6 single beds
- 1 WC
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Open fire or woodburner
- Tennis court
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Travel cot
- Private parking
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - Please note
- Check in: 7:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
Reduced Occupancy Offer - This property can also be booked for 10 people, using 5 bedrooms only. For full details, please see property ref: SFBE10.
Escape to the countryside… this beautiful self catering holiday home comes complete with use of a swimming pool, tennis courts and stunning interiors.
Just 12 miles from the Suffolk coast at Southwold, Becks Green Barn is a spacious well equipped property on a working farm, surrounded by pony paddocks with horse riding available on site. This smart barn conversion is one of two properties at Becks Green providing spacious and well equipped holiday living - perfect for a family celebration. Accommodation is sociable and flexible with vaulted ceilings, open fireplaces and large picture windows for countryside views. It’s a great option for less mobile guests too with six ground floor bedrooms, there’s also a childrens’ and nanny room with ensuite. Outside the style continues with a beautiful covered seating area for alfresco dining, an enclosed area for younger children to play in and tennis court. The owners also allow guests to use the heated outdoor swimming pool at certain times but you can always request a quick dip!
This fabulous Suffolk cottage is perfect at any time of year and if you can tear yourself away it’s worth exploring the many cycle trails and footpaths. Don’t forget to head to the coast and discover the delights of Southwold and the nearby hidden coves and beaches.
Beccles 4 miles, Bungay 4 miles, Halesworth 7.5 miles, Southwold 14 miles. Pub: 3.5 miles.
Why we love this property… The great escape - Simply unpack and relax in the garden or take a dip in the pool and enjoy! Perfect whatever the season.
- Entrance hall: table with drawers, chairs and area for coats and boots.
- Cloakroom: wash hand basin, WC.
- Shower room: shower, wash hand basin, WC.
- Bedroom 1: double bed, bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers, hanging space, easy chair (outside door allowing wheelchair access).
- Bedroom 2: twin beds, bedside table and lamp, wardrobe, chaise longue.
- Sitting room: vaulted ceiling, window seat, sofas, coffee tables and chairs, flat screen TV and DVD, wood burning stove.
- Dining area: oak refectory style table, bench and chairs to seat 14 people.
- Kitchen: hob, electric oven, double sink, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, microwave.
- Hallway: double doors to the large veranda.
- Bedroom 3: double bed, bedside table and lamps, chest of drawers and hanging cupboard. Bedroom 4: double bed, bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers, wardrobe.
- Bathroom 2: bath with shower over, wash hand basin and WC.
Bedroom 5 and 6 are ideal for a group of children and a nanny's room.
- Bedroom 5: twin beds, bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers, TV, sofa. Door into Bedroom 6.
- Bedroom 6: small double bed and pull-out single bed, bedside lamps, occasional table, chest of drawers, hanging space.
- Ensuite: shower, wash hand basin, WC.
A wooden staircase leads up to the master bedroom suite.
- Hallway: desk with chair.
- Master bedroom: double bed, bedside tables and lamps, wardrobe and chest of drawers
- Bathroom: bath, wash basin, WC.
- Outside: covered seating area and garden with outside table and chairs is surrounded by a picket fence, large gas-fired outback barbecue. The area around the barn is gated for children to play in. Outdoor heated swimming pool (visitors may use on Thursday afternoons during the summer months (Whitsun to beginning September) or by arrangement with the owner. All year round hard surface tennis court.
- Parking: large parking area for 6 cars.
- Sleeps: 14 in 7 bedrooms.
- Pets: sorry, no dogs.
- Heating: oil central heating throughout, large log fire in the drawing room
- Notes: WiFi, linen and towels provided (please bring own swimming towels).
Highchair and travel cot available. Catering options available. No smoking. Parents with youngsters are advised to keep children away from farm machinery and animals. Riding is available on the farm but please note accompanied hacks are only available to current Pony Club members with D+ test or above. Leading rein rides available, children to be accompanied by an adult. No smoking. Check in: 4pm. Check out: 10am.
- The large entrance hall has a table with drawers, chairs and area for coats and boots
- A door leads to a cloakroom with wash basin, w.c. and towel rail
- Beside the cloakroom is a shower room with wash basin and w.c.
- Bedroom 1: With double bed, bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers and hanging space and easy chair (outside door allowing wheel chair access)
- Bedroom 2: A twin bedded room with bedside table and lamp, wardrobe with shelving and chaise longe
- To the other side of the hall is the sitting room
- Sitting room with double height ceiling, and enormous bay window overlooking the farm and fields, window seat, sofas, coffee tables and chairs, flat screen TV and DVD; there is a large woodburning stove
- The dining area has a long refectory style oak table, bench seating and chairs to seat 14 people
- From the dining area a staircase leads to the first floor master suite
- The kitchen is fully fitted and well equipped with hob, electric oven, double sink, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, microwave and loads of cupboards.
- A door from the kitchen leads to a wide hallway with drinks/storage cupboard and double doors to the large veranda
- Bedroom 3: A large bedroom with double bed, bedside table and lamps, chest of drawers and hanging cupboard. Views over the veranda and the paddocks and fields beyond
- Bedroom 4: Double bed, bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers, wardrobe and views over the vehanda and the fields and paddocks beyond
- Bathroom 2: With bath and overhead shower, washbasin and w.c., heated towel rail
- Bedroom 5: A large twin bedroom with Twin beds with bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers, occasional table with TV, sofa
- A door from the twin room leads into Bedroom 5. Bedroom 5 and 6 are ideal for a group of children and a nanny's room
- Bedroom 6: A spacious bedroom overlooking the paddocks with small double and pull-out single bed, bedside lamps, occasional table, chest of drawers, hanging space
- Ensuite shower room to bedroom 6 with shower and w.c., washbasin
- A picket fence surrounds the front of the property and leads up to the covered wooden veranda with bench seats either side; log and welly storage
- A wooden staircase leads up to the master bedroom suite
- Hallway with desk with comfy chair and view over the drawing room
- Master bedroom with double bed, bedside tables and lamps, wardrobe and chest of drawers
- Bathroom with bath, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail
- The covered seating area and garden with outside table and chairs is surrounded by a picket fence making this a great space for younger children to play, as well as for barbecues - using the large gas-fired Outback barbecue - and al fresco eating
- There is a large gravelled parking area with parking for around six cars
- Becks Green Barn is a barn conversion on a working farm. Separated from the farm house, the barn has its own private drive, garden and parking area. Parents with youngsters are advised to keep children away from farm machinery and animals; however all farming activity, stables etc. are fenced off and whilst horses and ponies can be seen in the nearby paddocks the area around the barn is gated giving younger children an area in which to play
- With views over the surrounding farmland there is access to farmland walks and bridleways and lots of opportunities for cycling
- There is an outdoor heated swimming pool which visitors may use on Thursday afternoons during the summer months (Whitsun to beginning September) and at other times by arrangement with the owner. There is an all year round hard surface tennis court
- Oil central heating throughout and large log fire in the drawing room
- Bed linen and towels are included. Please bring own swimming towels
- Washing machine and dryer are located in the family bathroom
- In the interest of other holidaymakers, visitors are requested not to smoke in the house
- Riding is available on the farm but please note accompanied hacks are only available to current Pony Club members with D+ test or above. Leading rein rides available, children to be accompanied by an adult
- Looking for a special dinner, a relaxing lunch, a vintage high tea or simply a series of wonderful home made meals delivered to your door. See the Catering Options available at your holiday home. Catering arrangements should be made directly with the caterers.
- wifi service is provided.
This house is beautiful and perfect for large groups of friends/family. It has lots of lovely walks from the house and is close to the coats as well. It was a huge bonus for us to be able to ride the owner's beautiful horses which are stabled next door to the house.