- £640 per week
- £91 per night
- 7 Guests
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 2 Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 2 single beds
- 4 single Zip&Link beds
- Washing machine
- 3 bathrooms
- 3 WCs
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Wet room
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Private parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Wet room
Special Offer: Available at reduced pricing for four people using two of the four bedrooms. Please specify at time of booking. Please call for further details.
This spacious Suffolk holiday cottage is set on a hill just outside Bramfield, close to the Suffolk coast amidst a 250 acre working organic mixed farm. This delightful self catering property looks out over attractive mature gardens, with a fenced sun-trap patio, making it ideal for families with children and/or pets.
HALESWORTH 2.8miles (4.5km) SOUTHWOLD 11.5miles (18.5km) WALBERSWICK 6.7miles (10.7km) DUNWICH 6.8miles (10.9km)
This Suffolk Cottage Holidays Property: Newly built, the property has been designed with holidaymakers in mind. The ground floor is largely open plan with large French doors opening onto the terrace which, in turn, opens on to the attractive mature gardens. Rooms are generously sized and every generation is catered for: travel cot, high chair and stair gate for babies and toddlers, wheel chair access, ground floor bedrooms and wet room shower for anyone with mobility problems.
The Grounds: There is a large sun-trap terrace with table and chairs and grassed area, fenced to ensure that toddlers and small dogs do not stray, beyond which are mature lawned gardens with shrubs and trees and a large wildlife pond. Set amidst a 250 acre organic farm with over twelve miles of footpaths, the farm includes a Special Area of Conservation, old meadows, ancient woodland and a series of natural ponds with dragonflies and damsel flies and great crested newts. Red deer and hare can be seen everywhere. A herd of around 100 Aberdeen Angus cattle and calves share the meadow grass with around a dozen working horses. The farm is unusual in that the farmers use their horses for herding the cattle and guests are welcome to watch the farmers and their horses as they skilfully guide the cattle to new pasture. The railway line is not far from the property, but it is a local line so not overly busy or noisy.
Parking: Space for 3 to 4 cars outside the Lodge.
Sleeps: 7 people in two zip together super kings (if twins preferred, please let us know at time of booking), one single bedroom and one king bedroom, which is suitable for those with mobility problems. There is a travel cot and high chair, suitable for small babies and toddlers, and baby chair.
Rental: Minimum Hire 3 nights, except in high season when it is a week. Changeover day is usually a Friday.
Pets: 2 well behaved dogs are welcome. Please be aware that there are free-ranging chickens at the farm, so dogs must be kept under close control.
Children: The patio is fenced so great for toddlers and dogs. Slip through the gate and you have the run of the mature garden where there is a lovely pond and a tree seat.
Family Holidays: All hardware such as highchair and travel cot are supplied for your use at Brights Farm Lodge. The terrace is fenced and gated and visitors are welcome to use the large farmhouse garden and wander round the farm. Please note that there are large animals and farm machinery so please do take care of children.
Entertainment: Large flatscreen TV, DVD player and music centre. There is a variety of DVDs and CDs for adults and children to enjoy, as well as a wide selection of books for all ages. Games can be found in the cupboard in the sitting room.
Packing tips: Beachwear and walking boots. Bikes can be hired at Suffolk Cycle Hire in Rendlesham. Pack your golfing shoes as there is an 18 hole and a 9 hole pay and play golf course 1.5 miles up the road in Halesworth. Binoculars of course for RSPB Minsmere. Also the house is close to North Manor Equestrian Centre, which offers riding lessons and hacking, but do book in advance.
Bramfield is a compact and attractive village surrounded by open countryside, rich pasture land on one side and Sandlings common on the other, running towards the coast at Southwold. Gorse and heather create a perfect habitat for a number of rare ground nesting birds, colourful butterflies and excellent grazing for deer. Just a few miles from Dunwich, Minsmere, Walberswick and Southwold, this is an area of wide skies and breath-taking landscapes. Walkers, cyclists and bird watchers will be in their element. There are various boat trips available both in the Blyth Estuary and from Southwold Harbour. Theatre lovers should check out The New Cut Arts Centre in Halesworth, where there is a year round programme of entertainment.
Eating and Drinking: The Queen's Head, a great Adnams pub well known for its excellent food, is just a mile from the property. A little further on is Halesworth, an attractive old market town. The New Cut does great lunch time snacks and pre-performance meals and there are several excellent organic food shops as well as a large supermarket. The Angel at the top of Thoroughfare has an Italian restaurant. If you are looking for really fresh sea food then wander down to Southwold Harbour, where you can buy a great selection of wet fish or go to the fish restaurant for some lovely shellfish. The Harbour Inn does super fish and chips. The Anchor at Walberswick is also excellent and a really dog friendly pub.
- The front door opens into a spacious hall with coat hooks and shoe rack
- Bedroom 1: A double aspect bedroom with views over the garden and pond, king sized bed with bedside table, easy chair, chest of drawers and wardrobe,
- A separate shower room with walk in shower, wash basin and w c, towel rail
- Utility room with freezer, washing machine, iron and ironing board and wine rack
- Kitchen with large larder fridge, built in electric oven, electric hob, dishwasher, kettle, toaster, microwave, liquidiser and electric whisk
- The kitchen is part of a really large living room. The dining area includes a book case with selection of books, corner cupboard and large dining table with six chairs
- The sitting room has two large sofas, easy chair, coffee and occasional tables and lamps, a large fitted cupboard with books and games, CD player, TV with DVD. French doors lead out to the garden.
- Bedroom 2: With zipped singles making super king (please specify when booking if requiring to be made as 2 singles), bedside tables, easy chairs, built in wardrobe and drawer unit. Door to
- Large en suite bathroom with wet room shower, bath, w c and wash basin, towel rail
- A door leads to the stairs and the first floor
- A straight staircase with rails to both sides leads to the first floor
- Spacious landing with door to
- Bedroom 3: Single bedroom with bed, bedside table and lamp, chest of drawers, coat stand, chair and mirror
- Family bathroom with bath, separate shower, wash basin and w c
- Bedroom 4: With two single beds (which can be made into super king, please specify when booking if required as super king) bedside tables and lamps, flat screen TV, two easy chairs and a full length mirror.
- Dressing room with chest of drawers, hanging rail and baby equipment
- Terrace with table and chairs
- Garden incorporating lawn and terrace fenced and gate to large farm garden and pond
- Access to 250 acre farm and 12 miles of footpaths
- Parking for 3 - 4 cars
- Underfloor heating on ground floor, radiators on first floor provided
- Bed linen and towels are provided. Please bring your own towels for swimming. All duvets (summer and winter) and pillows are fibre filled so suitable for those with allergies. If using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding for it.
- In consideration of other visitors please do not smoke in the property
- A limited broadband / wifi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use and is unsuitable for games or downloading of films. Please bring connection cables as you may have to attach your laptop to the router. Excessive use of the internet will be charged at cost.
The Lodge was very comfortable and tranquil.
One of the best cottages we have ever stayed at. Lovely host