- £440 per week
- £63 per night
- 2 Guests
- 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom
- 1 Pet
- Swimming pool
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 double bed
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 1 bathroom
- 1 WC
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Enclosed garden
- Private parking
Wonderful Suffolk holiday cottage for 2, with free, year-round use of the indoor swimming pool, gym and table-tennis. Great views, lovely local walks, perfect for cycling and only a short drive to the nearby coast at Southwold and Walberswick.
SOUTHWOLD 5 miles, WALBERSWICK 4.5 miles, HALESWORTH 4 miles, BECCLES 10 miles, RSPB MINSMERE 7.5 miles, ALDEBURGH 18 miles
About the property: Only 2 miles from Henham Park, home of the Latitude Festival, Red Sails is a impressive cottage sleeping 2. Complete with underfloor heating, an on-site indoor swimming pool and gym, Red Sails is wonderfully well-equipped for a countryside break. This pretty end of terrace one-bedroom cottage is part of an imposing 17th-century property standing on the summit of a hill overlooking the Blyth Valley.
Just a few minutes' drive from Suffolk's Heritage Coast and set in the Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Red Sails will appeal to visitors throughout the year. With attractive walks on your very doorstep, it is also a great base for cyclists and birdwatchers. With the pier, boat trips and lovely sandy beach at Southwold just a short drive from the cottage, Red Sails is an ideal property for a Suffolk break.
The Grounds: Located along an impressive tree lined driveway, Red Sails has its own small garden and access to the large communal grounds which are set in 14 acres of parkland, with fantastic views over the surrounding countryside. The indoor heated pool and gym are just seconds' walk from the cottage and are available to holidaymakers throughout the year.
This property is ideal for: A couple looking for a romantic getaway in the lap of luxury, free from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. One well-behaved dog is also welcome. Due to the open plan staircase and gallery style layout this property is not suitable for infants or children
Exploring: Situated just 5 miles from Southwold, 4.5 miles from Walberswick and 4 miles from Halesworth, this retreat is perfect for a couple who want to explore a variety of beautiful locations on the Suffolk coast. For more information, please visit our websites on Southwold, Aldeburgh and the Suffolk Coast.
Parking: Space for one car immediately in front of the property.
Self Catering: The Market towns of Beccles and Halesworth are just a short drive away with a variety of independent stores, grocers and butchers. Market day in Halesworth is on a Wednesday and rural Suffolk is littered with farm shops, so you won't need to travel far for great local produce. Wangford Farm Shop and Southwold Farmers Market are definitely worth visiting.
If you want to plan ahead, the major supermarkets all deliver to this area and Halesworth has a Co-op Rainbow Express, which is open until late.
Aldeburgh has two Co-op stores with one situated on the High Street. Several shops sell top quality local produce - Lawsons Delicatessen is a must as is Aldeburgh Market. Fresh fish, lobsters and crabs can be bought from the sheds on Aldeburgh beach. With an Independent wine shop, butcher and baker, Aldeburgh caters for most needs! Snape Maltings is also worth a visit; make sure to pop into The Food Hall and Farmers Market.
Thorpeness has a traditional village shop providing the community and holidaymakers with locally sourced fresh food. The shop stocks all the essentials, as well as a good selection of wine, local cheeses from the deli counter and local fudge from Olga.
Eating and drinking out: For hostelries and restaurants in the locality, please view our web page dedicated to Pubs and Restaurants in Southwold.
For more information on the area, please take a look at our online guides on Southwold andAldeburgh.
- Steps up to the front door, leading into the sitting room with 2-seater leather sofa, armchair, flatscreen TV with Freeview, DVD, and CD player
- There is a dining table with seating for 4
- The kitchen is off the sitting room and is well-equipped with large fridge and freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer, microwave, toaster, double oven and electric hob, as well as an extensive complement of cutlery, crockery and utensils
- Cupboard containing hanging space for coats, plenty of room for boots. Also contains the vacuum cleaner, iron and ironing board.
- Wooden stairs to first floor, with switchback turn halfway and handrail on left going up
- Underfloor heating throughout ground floor
- Large double bedroom with stripped wooden floors and rugs, wardrobe with drawers underneath, bedside tables with lamps, leather chair and radio alarm with iPod dock
- En suite bathroom has a bath with electric shower over, glass shower screen, washbasin, w.c., hairdryer
- Parking for one car immediately in front of the cottage
- Small, fenced cottage garden to the front of the cottage
- Bedlinen and towels are provided but please bring your own beach / swimming / gym towels. Bedding is a mixture of synthetic and anti-allergenic. There is a hair dryer.
- Central heating included (underfloor heating throughout ground floor, radiators on first floor)
- In consideration of other visitors, please do not smoke in Red Sails
- An unlimited wifi/broadband service is provided and internet reception can be patchy so the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use and is unsuitable for games or downloading of films.
- In the interests of safety, barbecues are not permitted on Blyth View
- Welcome pack provided including milk, wine and shortbread.
- The use of the indoor heated swimming pool (subject to cleaning, maintenance, etc) and gym complex is FREE to residents (the gym is not available to children). All facilities are used at your own risk.
- Dogs are well cared for at Red Sails; dog treats, dog bowls, dog bed and portable dog washer (ideal after a country walk) are all provided
Red Sails is not suitable for children
- The Queen's Head, Blyford - tel. 01986 784214. - Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criterion for your choice of property
Red Sails is a compact but comfortable and very well equipped property.It is in a quiet location and is well placed for visiting Southwold and other local places of interest.As an added bonus it has a access to the free use of a swimming pool.
Excellent comfortable cottage. Convenient for most places for a day out. Not too far from Southwold which was my main destination.
It was one of the best we have stayed in and dog friendly too!
The owners of this property really do care that the holiday maker has everything they need. It was a pleasure to stay here. We both loved it.
We use a lot of short term holiday let’s and this was by far the best we have stayed in, a credit to the owners for such a high standard, would definitely stay again .
It was all excellent, The owners also made us feel very welcome with a large Christmas present and a Christmas tree on display which was all very nice. The leisure facilities were also very good - swimming pool, gym, table tennis and pool. In the apartment itself there was everything we needed and it was very cosy.