- £516 per week
- £74 per night
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- No Pets
- Games room
- Swimming pool
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 double bed
- 2 bunk beds
- Washing machine
- 1 bathroom
- 1 WC
- Towels provided
- Family friendly
- Private parking
- Ground floor WC
Amrose Cottage has been converted from part of the stable block connected to a magnificent Grade II listed Georgian property, which has stood overlooking the Blyth river and the surrounding valley since the 17th century. Enjoy use of the heated indoor swimming pool, gym and table tennis throughout the year.
WALBERSWICK 4 miles (7 km), SOUTHWOLD 5 miles (8 km), Halesworth 4 miles (6 km)
About the Property: This pretty end-of-terrace cottage is part of an imposing 17th century property, which stands on the summit of a hill overlooking the Blyth Valley. It is now hard to believe that the original purpose of these wonderful buildings, set as they are in 14 acres of parkland with fantastic views over the surrounding countryside, once operated as a workhouse.
Approached along an impressive tree lined driveway, Amrose Cottage enjoys its own small garden and access to the large communal grounds that surround the property. The indoor heated pool and gym are just a minute's walk from the cottage and are available to holidaymakers throughout the year.
Exploring: Just a few minutes drive from Suffolk's Heritage coast and set in the Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Amrose Cottage will appeal to visitors whatever the weather. Located within the spectacular north-east Suffolk countryside, famous for its beautiful landscapes, rugged coastline, charming seaside towns and inland villages, Amrose is set back and secluded from the road, yet offers easy access to the A12.
The idyllic coastal town of Southwold, famous for its Georgian and Victorian architecture, individual shops, traditional pubs and restaurants and fully refurbished pier, is situated just four miles east of Amrose Cottage. The enchanting coastal villages of Walberswick (just 10 minutes' drive), Dunwich, and RSPB Minsmere are all within an easy drive to the southeast. Further south along the coastline lies the town of Aldeburgh, well known for its music and arts festival, sailing and golf, with Snape Maltings, home of the world-famous Aldeburgh Festival and Snape Proms, just 10 minutes' drive inland.
This property is ideal for: Families with young children and teenagers. There is a selection of board games at the property - perfect for rainy days. For those sunny days, sit out in the garden or take a dip in the pool. With attractive walks on your very doorstep, it is also a great base for cyclists and birdwatchers.
Self Catering Eating and Drinking: Just a 10 minute drive away from Amrose is Emmerdale Farm Shop, stocking a good selection of fresh meat as well as fruit and vegetables in a traditional farmer's market style. A variety of home-made frozen meals are also on offer. Head to Southwold just 10 minutes away, a great opportunity to visit the Adnams Cellar and Kitchen as well as a wide variety of independent food shops.
Eating Out: The nearest pubs are The Queen's Head, Blyford (which you can walk to, mostly along the disused canal) and The White Hart, Blythburgh. After a day spent at the beach, Southwold has a delightful array of pubs and restaurants; why not catch a sunset supper at The Boardwalk Restaurant?
For lots of information on the area please look at our own online guide Visit Southwold.
- An entrance hall with space for coats, boots and beach accessories
- The kitchen is fully fitted with fridge/freezer, built in dishwasher, washing machine, microwave, gas hob & fan assisted oven
- The large open plan sitting/dining room comes with large dining table (seating for up to 6) and sideboard, lamps
- The sitting area has two leather sofas, coffee table and lamps, TV showing Freeview, DVD and Sony Playstation 2, books and games
- There is a ground floor cloakroom with w.c. and wash basin
- An easy staircase leads to the first floor
- The double bedroom has a double bed, bedside tables and lamps and chest of drawers. There is a hair dryer available
- The second bedroom has a small double with a single bunk above and would be suitable for 2 adults or up to 3 children There is a chest of drawers
- There is a large family bathroom with bath and overhead shower, wash basin and w.c. Fitted cupboard with hanging space and storage drawers
- There is a small hedged garden as well as use of the 14 acres of parkland which surround Blyth View
- Garden table and chairs, portable charcoal BBQ provided, though please supply your own charcoal
- Full central heating, bed linen and towels are included in the price
- The use of the indoor heated swimming pool 14 m x 4 m (depth 1.4m) (subject to cleaning, maintenance, etc) and gym complex is FREE to residents (the gym is not available to children). All facilities are used at your own risk and subject to terms and conditions
- The White Hart, Blythburgh - tel. 01502 478217. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criteria for your choice of property
- Baby Equipment Provided- Play pen, High Chair, Stair Gate, Booster Chair, Folding Buggy, Baby Monitors, Changing Mat. There are also plastic bowls, plates and cups
- The Queen's Head, Blyford - tel. 01502 475404. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criteria for your choice of property
- An unlimited Wi-Fi service is provided
- Other equipment provided includes: an iron and ironing board, hairdryer and hoover
Property was perfect for us. Kids loved the pool.
The cottage and the surroundings were lovely