- £10336 per week
- £1,477 per night
- 21 Guests
- 11 Bedrooms
- 9 Bathrooms
- 2 Pets
- Open fire or woodburner
- Swimming pool
- Tennis court
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 9 double beds
- 4 single beds
- 9 bathrooms
- 3 WCs
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Travel cot
- Private parking
- Ground floor WC
DescriptionA Grade I listed Georgian country house, one of the finest in Suffolk, classical exteriors and gracious interiors, Worlingham Hall has a heated outdoor pool, tennis court and over 100 acres of mature parkland including a large trout lake, for holidaymakers to enjoy.
Beccles 2 miles (heliport and station connecting to London Liverpool Street), Southwold 10 miles, Norwich 19 miles, Aldeburgh 23 miles, Stansted airport 68 miles
Style: Aristocratic party pad in the Georgian style
Setting: Rural north Suffolk, close to The Broads National Park, Beccles and Southwold
Worlingham Hall, on the Suffolk-Norfolk border close to the Broads National Park, dates back to the 16th century but was extravagantly redesigned and extended in the late Georgian period to create a unique and wonderful gentleman's country house. Following extensive modernisation in 2011, it now provides the perfect setting for entertainment in a stately fashion.
Worlingham Hall is a spectacularly beautiful and elegant Grade I listed Georgian house situated in fine mature parkland surrounded on all sides by mature woodland providing absolute privacy and seclusion and unsurpassed facilities and activities, including a heated swimming pool, tennis courts, trout lake, stabling for horses, heated kennels for the dogs. You can enjoy a day's clay shooting or pheasant shooting by prior arrangement.
One of the very finest country houses in Suffolk, its classical exteriors and gracious interiors will WOW your guests providing the character, luxury and setting for anything from a special family occasion to an intimate family wedding.
Worlingham has a simple external design and details. On either side of the house are colonnades which originally led to a conservatory to the East and through an orangery to a picture gallery to the West. The South facade has classical bays arranged over two storeys punctuated by elegant sash windows with a curved Tuscan porch and impressive East and West facades.
The richness of the interior has to be seen to be believed. The wonderful octagonal central staircase hall, one of the finest in the country, ascends to roof level with the top lit by a glazed lantern window. Within the hall stands an imperial staircase dividing after the first flight and ascending with mezzanine landings to the bedrooms. Each of the reception rooms is wonderfully proportioned and includes exquisite period details including generous classic fireplaces, concealed doors and charming window seats.
In quieter moments (or for al fresco events), the gorgeous grounds beckon - have a picnic on the lawns or a dip in the heated outdoor pool, play a game of tennis on the hard court or fish for trout in the private lake. With 100 acres of private parkland to play in, you cannot fail to enjoy your stay. Whatever your desire - be it a private chef for a special dinner or a cocktail and canap? reception, or a day's shooting - the owners will make it happen.
Ideal for holding a big bash, whether it's a regal banquet, a chic wedding or a corporate away weekend.
Sleeps 21 in 11 bedrooms.
Property style: A stately Georgian manor house with an impressive stucco facade, gravel driveway, and fine classical touches.
Grounds: This stylish self-catering property's 100 acres encompass parkland, woodland landscaped lawns, a fishing lake, a tennis court and a heated outdoor pool. There are formal gardens close to the house, a kitchen garden and orchard. The wonderful private park provides a romantically rural backdrop for a superb country house stay.
Minimum hire: Three nights. Children more than welcome
Also: Well-behaved pets can stay free although prior notice and approval is required.
The Area: Worlingham village is within a few minutes' walk and includes a shop and garage as well as a very beautiful church. Sporting facilities in the area include golf at Beccles, Bungay, Southwold and Oulton Broad. Hunting is with the Waveney Harriers and there is racing at Great Yarmouth and Newmarket. Sailing at Beccles Sailing Club or the yacht clubs of Oulton Broad and Aldeburgh.
- The front door opens into a large entrance hall with seating and occasional tables. Door to the Green Room (also known as the Ballroom) and the magnificent inner hall
- Green Room has three magnificent south west facing bay windows and south facing windows overlooking the gardens and park. With sofas, side tables, armchairs and a large open fire, this room enjoys the afternoon and early evening sun
- The Green Room opens into the dining room with large table and chairs for the whole party. There is a second smaller dining table seating 10 - ideal if the children wish to sit separately. Doors from the dining room lead to a serving kitchen and to the inner hall.
- The Yellow Room to the right of the main entrance is a wonderfully light room, has east and south facing windows, a large open fire, sofa, armchairs and occasional tables.
- Leading from the Yellow Room is an oval Library with embossed curved ceiling and magnificent pillars, packed with an eclectic range of books. There is a flat screened TV with DVD and broadband access, Apple Mac and Piano. Loads of seating ranging from fireside seating to sofas, arm chairs and easy chairs in which to read.
- A door from the Library leads into what is now a large Breakfast Room, again looking eastwards with seating for around 24 people. Two large walk in cupboards hold copious china and glasses. There is a large open fire and arm chairs if you wish to relax with the papers after a full English breakfast. Find the secret door and you can return to the library; don't worry you can always return via the corridor.
- There are three ground floor cloakrooms, two to the east of Worlingham Hall, the other to the west
- The large farmhouse Kitchen is very well equipped for entertaining; it includes a large Aga, separate grill, oven, fridge, freezer and all the equipment you might need for entertaining a large number of guests - it even has a ham slicer.
- To the west of the house is a magnificent Orangery with 11 bays and large full length windows and French windows, flagstone floor, recessed lights and access to the recently restored gallery
- The gallery or trophy room was once a squash court and still retains an elegant gallery - there are sofas and armchairs - a room to enjoy at all times of the day
- The Sculpture Room suite comprises a large bedroom with 4 poster bed, bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers, hanging rail, easy chairs and a large writing desk, as well as a feature fireplace. A door leads to the en suite jack and jill bathroom (shared with Little Room) with twin basins, bath with hand held shower, w.c. and heated towel rail.
- Tiger Room with Double Bed, bedside chests and lamps, chaise lounge, table, side cabinet, table and two chairs and wardrobe with hanging space. This room can also be accessed from the Sculpture Room. A door leads out into the corridor, leading to an en-suite toilet (known as the Shopping Bathroom) and a separate shower unit.
- Little Room with single bed, decorative wardrobe, table and two chairs and side unit.
- Ballerina Room with four poster double bed, bedside tables and lamps, chaise lounge, feature fireplace, writing desk, and chair, large easel, chest of drawers and dressing table. A door leads out onto the corridor where the Emerald Bathroom can be accessed, comprising of wc, bath with handheld shower and handbasin.
- Buddha Bedroom with decorative four poster oriental double bed, side tables and lamps, large table and chairs, daybed, feature fireplace, chest of drawers and wardrobe.
- Greek-Moroccan Bedroom with double bed, bedside tables and lamps, chaise lounge, feature fireplace, chest of drawers and occasional table.
- Bird Bedroom (also known as the Phoenix Room) with decorative four poster double bed, feature fireplace, easy chairs, wardrobe and side table. A door leads to the ensuite with bath and handheld shower, wash basin and wc.
- Gaetano's Bedroom with four poster double bed, easy chairs and occasional table. A door leads to the en-suite bathroom with bath and overhead shower, wc and hand basin.
- Scottish Bedroom with decorative double bed, table and 2 chairs, chest of drawers and easy chair. A door leads to the ensuite bathroom with shower, wc and hand basin.
- Family Bathroom with bath and hand held shower, wc and hand basin.
- A winding staircase leads to the second floor, self contained apartment.
- A small self contained kitchen with electric cooker, fridge, sink and storage - great for that morning tea which you might want to take back to bed
- Sitting Room with daybed, sofa, easy chairs, occasional table, wardrobe and TV. A short flight of stairs lead up to a further corridor.
- Single Bedroom with Single Bed, easy chair and drawer storage.
- Bathroom with bath and handheld shower, wc, hand basin and heated towel rail.
- Double Bedroom with double bed, bedside tables and lamps, easy chair, drawer storage and feature fireplace.
- There is a large gravelled courtyard to the rear of the main house which leads round to the stables and a delightful period cottage
- Worlingham Hall stands in formal lawned gardens and grounds surrounded by extensive mature parkland and woodland.
- The parkland contains many magnificent mature trees some believed to pre date the house. An avenue of lime trees provides wonderful views from the main rooms to the south to the woodland beyond.
- The gardens and grounds are separated from the surrounding parkland by mature yew hedging to the South and from the North and East by mature shrubberies and woodland
- Close to the house is a kitchen garden with seasonal vegetables and fruit trees
- The front door opens into the hall which leads into the spacious living room with dining table and seating for 8, sitting room with sofas and armchairs, occasional tables and open fire.
- There is a large kitchen with Aga cooker, fridge and fitted units. A door leads from the kitchen into the utility room where there is a washing machine, tumble dryer and chest freezer, butler sink and loads of space for boots and fishing tackle, swimming things and tennis rackets
- French doors from the sitting room open into a further sunny sitting room with marble floor, large L shaped sofa and chairs and French doors to the old stable yard - a great space in which to enjoy a relaxing al fresco meal or simply sit and sun bathe. Ground floor cloakroom
- A straight staircase leads to the first floor where there are
- Two double bedrooms
- A twin bedroom with full sized single beds and a single bedroom
- There are two fully fitted bathrooms, one with bath, wash basin and w.c., the other with bath, separate shower, wash basin and w.c., heated towel rail
- Stable Cottage has it's own fenced private cottage garden with flower beds, lawns, table and chairs
- The property is centrally heated. Logs are provided for the fires at Worlingham Hall .
- Bedlinen and towels are provided, please bring your towels for swimming. If using the travel cot please provide your own bedding.
- The swimming pool is heated from mid May to the end of September
- There is a hard tennis court for guest use
- A large well stocked trout lake is available for fishing
- Dogs are welcome at Worlingham Hall although they must be restricted to the ground floor and should not climb on furniture etc. There are heated outdoor kennels - please do contact Big House Holidays if your dogs would be interested in using them.
- A broadband / wi fi service is provided. Please be aware excessive use of the internet may be charged at cost.
- Looking for a special dinner, a relaxing lunch, a vintage high tea or simply a series of wonderful home made meals delivered to your door? See the Catering Options available at your holiday home. Catering arrangements should be made directly with the caterers.