- £660 per week
- £94 per night
- 7 Guests
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- No Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 3 double beds
- 1 single bed
- 3 WCs
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Welcome pack
- Washing machine
- Family friendly
- Enclosed garden
- Private parking
- Ground floor WC
Important - Please note
- Check in: 4pm
- Check out: 10am
- Parking space can squeeze 3 cars on, on street parking opposite the house
Starlings is an impressive detached house in the centre of the Suffolk village of Yoxford. Furnished to a high standard, this property truly is a 'tardis' with plenty of entertaining rooms just waiting to welcome you to this beautiful county.
Starlings should be at the top of your list for your next self-catering holiday. So perfect for multi-generational families, children can enjoy time spent in the playroom, whilst adults lounge in the formal sitting room or cook up a storm in the kitchen. Just imagine special family meals enjoyed around the dining table; be it a big birthday celebration or Christmas dinner, this house is perfect for all occasions and weathers. To the rear of the house is a delightful garden, just waiting to be enjoyed. Accessed from both the porch and conservatory, there are a mixture of patio seating areas and lawn. The summerhouse too is a real bonus; open up the doors and breathe in the fresh air whilst reading a book, playing a board game or dining alfresco.
Guests to Starlings also have use of off-street covered parking (accessed via electric gates) as well as a full sized table tennis table in the garage; a great wet weather activity.
Ideal for: families or friends looking for a house to relax and un-wind. Ideally located close to the A12, Starlings makes a great base for exploring nearby Aldeburgh, Southwold, Thorpeness and Woodbridge.
Sleeps: 7 in 3 doubles and 1 single.
Exploring: The village of Yoxford really does have a charming appeal to it. With a choice of two pubs, a cafe and a couple of village shops it really does have the community at the centre. A walk down the main street truly is fascinating; there really is a true mix of architecture here - we recommend you explore St Peter's Church. On the outskirts of the village is Yoxford Antiques Centre - a real must for anyone into both art and antiques. In a former garden centre and stretching into 'beach huts' in the garden, it really is a good excuse for a morning out, plus there is a good cafe on site too! If the coast is calling you then you really are spoilt for choice. Aldeburgh, Southwold and Thorpeness are all within a 20 minute drive from Yoxford and each have an interesting array of shops and eateries. A stay at Starlings would not be complete without a visit to RSPB Minsmere. Just a 15 minute drive away and the former home of Springwatch, be sure to visit in early Spring for the stunning starling murmurations - they truly are breathtaking.
Eating and Drinking out: Starlings is just a short walk from 2 pubs (The Kings Head and The Griffin) and Main's Restaurant. On the outskirts of the village you will also find Satis House, an elegant hotel restaurant set within secluded surroundings. Of course, for a wider variety, be sure to visit Southwold, Aldeburgh or Woodbridge.
Self Catering: Whilst big name supermarkets will deliver to Starlings, your closest supermarkets can be found in Saxmundham (10 minute drive). There is a small village shop within walking distance of Starlings stocking everyday essentials also.
For more information on what to do in the area, head to our sister site Visit Aldeburgh.
- Sitting room with soft furnishings, TV with FreeSat and DVD player.
- Dining room with parquet flooring, table and chairs.
- Kitchen with fitted units, electric oven and hob, table and chairs.
- Utility room with Butler sink, fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine.
- Conservatory/Playroom with large table and chairs, underfloor heating and french doors to the garden.
- Porch with hooks and door to garden.
- Shower room with walk in shower, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail.
- Bedroom 1 with double bed. En-suite shower room with walk in shower and wash basin.
- Bedroom 2 with single bed.
- Bathroom with bath, walk in shower, washbasin and w.c.
- Further steps up to
- Bedroom 3 with double bed.
- Further step up to
- Bedroom 4 with double bed.
- With areas laid to lawn and patio. Seating areas and summerhouse with furniture.
- Parking and electric gates to the covered parking area. There is a full size table tennis table for use in the garage.
- Gas central heating is included
- Bed linen and towels provided, but please bring your own beach towels if you are planning a trip to the coast.
- Please do not smoke in Starlings
- Wifi is provided but do note that the connection may be slower and patchier than you might be used to.
Spacious, light, well equipped inside and outdoor and bright. Loads of space to relax and eat. Local shop, cafe, pub and close to a bigger shop/petrol station and Aldburgh and Southwold.
The christmas decorations at the property were a wonderful suprise, thank you.