- £440 per week
- £63 per night
- 3 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 1 Pet
- Countryside views
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 double bed
- 1 single bed
- Washing machine
- 1 bathroom
- 1 WC
- Towels provided
- Family friendly
- Enclosed garden
- Outdoor storage
- Private parking
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - Please note
- Check in: 4.00pm
- Check out: 10.00 am
Nestled on the outskirts of the gorgeous Suffolk village of Yoxford, Canfield Cottage oozes calm and tranquility. Once the part time home of an artist, it is decorated with a homely, inviting style, from the gorgeous paintings and illustrations from artist family members and friends, to the familiar lily leaf William Morris wallpaper in the bathroom. With rolling fields to the rear and a colourful, ever-changing cottage garden to the front, you too could be inspired to pick up the paintbrush or hone your photography skills.
About the property: A perfect hideaway for 2 or 3, you are within walking distance of some fantastic local amenities. If you're looking to getaway from the hustle and bustle of city life - you can relax in a welcoming and friendly atmosphere, without being a million miles from the outside world.
The views of the rolling fields from the kitchen and second bedroom are truly breathtaking; open the windows and listen to the birds singing in the trees. Even if the weather is not agreeable, there is still plenty to do within the cottage. The owner has provided a selection of CDs, DVDs, books and games for you to enjoy by the gas fire.
Sleeps: 3 in 1 double bed and 1 single bed.
Parking: There is off street parking for one car. An additional parking space can be arranged at time of booking if required.
This property is ideal for: A couple and a child or extra adult looking to explore the countryside. There are plenty of walks around the surrounding fields that you can explore - these are seemingly endless and do give you a real taste of the stunning Suffolk scenery. Equally, you may wish to bring your bikes - the roads are relatively flat; you can store your bikes in the outdoor shed.
Yoxford itself is a charming village, with three antique centres, a church and plenty of cafes and restaurants. We would really recommend a visit to Yoxford Antique Centre, deceptively large and with a lovely cafe - perfect if you love quirky interiors or browsing items from yesteryear. Better still it is less than 5 minutes up the road from Canfield Cottage!
Of course, a stay in Yoxford would not be complete without a visit to RSPB Minsmere - complete with fantastic walks and viewing points and the recent home of BBC's Springwatch. You're closest beach will be Dunwich, just a 15 minute drive away - the beach is usually quiet, perfect for anyone seeking peace and solitude. If you fancy going to the popular seaside towns of Aldeburgh, Southwold or Thorpeness, these destinations can be reached in a 20 minute drive.
Self-catering eating and drinking: The village of Yoxford is fortunate enough to have its own village shop selling basic supplies including newspapers, milk, fruit and veg. There is a real sense of community in the village - you can often purchase locally grown produce from residents' front gardens. Just over 5 minutes by car will take you to the equally pretty village of Peasenhall, with its renowned Emmett's Store and Smokehouse - a super deli and cafe. In the opposite direction you will reach Darsham - we recommend stopping off at the nursery to pick up some local goodies.
Eating and drinking out: You need not travel far to find somewhere to eat - Yoxford is packed with plenty of cafes, restaurants and pubs all serving a good choice of quality produce. We recommend a visit to the award winning G and T's cafe, Satis House and The Kings Head to name but a few. If you fancy a drive, you may wish to try The Westleton Crown, where Prince William and Kate spent their first night of married life together.
- The side door opens into the steps down into the kitchen/dining room with table and chairs for 4, fridge/freezer, two slice toaster, kettle, cafetiere, washing machine, Gas oven with 4 ring gas hob and radio. There is plenty of cooking equipment plus delightful views of the fields beyond. An under stairs cupboard provides suitcase storage, as well as housing an iron, ironing board, mop and bucket, broom, clothes horse and hoover.
- The ground floor bathroom is accessed via the kitchen and is complete with w.c., basin, bath with shower over head and stool.
- A door leads to the sitting room with two armchairs, sofa, gas effect fire, TV with DVD player, CD player, side chest, a selection of board games, DVD's, books and CD's.
- The front entrance hall leads off from the sitting room and is complete with 2 stools. A perfect place for storing buggies and boots.
- Wide cottage stairs with handrails either side lead to the first floor.
- A step up into the Double bedroom with Double bed, bedside lights, built in wardrobe with hanging and storage space, chest of drawers, full length mirror and occasional chairs. A door leads to the Jack and Jill cloakroom.
- Additional Single bedroom with chest of drawers, bedside table and lamp. Delightful views of the fields behind make this a very peaceful room. A door leads to the Jack and Jill cloakroom.
- Jack and Jill cloakroom with w.c. and basin.
- A delightful cottage garden with an array of plants to inspire any keen artist. A rear patio with table and chairs looks out over the fields behind - perfect for morning coffee. An outbuilding provides the perfect storage solution for bikes.
- Off street parking for 1 car. A second additional parking space can be arranged at time of booking.
- Central heating is included
- Bed linen and towels provided, but please bring your own beach towels if you are planning a trip to the coast.
- Please do not smoke in Canfield Cottage
- Wifi is provided but do note that the connection may be slower and patchier than you might be used to.
Situated in an excellent location,very spacious and airy cottage which suited our needs ideally, a very friendly village with good local facilities and close to a number of interesting places to visit.
A pleasant dog friendly cottage to stay in with a nice atmosphere and good value. The proximity to the road is not a factor as the front is double glazed. Nice footpath walks to the rear.