- £586 per week
- £84 per night
- 6 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Pets
- Welcome pack
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 1 double bed
- 2 single beds
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 2 bathrooms
- Towels provided
- Wet room
- Private parking
- Rural location
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Wet room
Important - Please note
- Check in: 4.00 pm
- Check out: 10.00 am
Just a short drive from the vibrant coast at Aldeburgh and almost equidistant to Framlingham, this beautiful barn conversion is tucked away in the rolling Suffolk countryside. Lovingly refurbished by the owners (who live next door) Barn Cottage is just waiting to welcome you to the Suffolk county.
The front door opens onto a small hallway with boot storage and coat hooks - great for storing muddy and wet belongings. A door from the hall leads to the open plan living area. L-shaped in size, the room leads around to the right with views out to the garden area from the kitchen window. A fully fitted farmhouse style kitchen wraps around the left hand wall - complete with fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer - you can rest assured that self catering holidays will be a breeze. The sitting area has three large sofas and Smart TV with DVD player - kick back, stick on a film and start your holiday off in style!
Upstairs you will find 3 delightful bedrooms. Each comfortably furnished with characterful exposed beams you really will feel quite at home. The double bedrooms are both of a generous size, each with built in wardrobes and chest of drawers, you will have plenty of room to store your belongings. The barn also benefits from a family bathroom and a wet room shower room.
Outside, guests have access to a separate patio area and big garden. To the side of the owners garden - this is a great place for children to potter about or al-fresco dining.
Ideal for: families, friends and couples looking to explore Suffolk from a central base. So ideally situated to visit some of Suffolk's key tourist destinations - you need only get in the car and drive! Guests are asked to be aware that there are sloping ceilings in the upstairs bedrooms and on the landing.
Sleeps: 6 in 1 king, 1 double and 1 twin.
Exploring: The village of Stratford St Andrew is the perfect base for exploring Suffolk. Close to the A12 - travelling to the tourist hot-spots is a breeze; with Orford, Aldeburgh, Framlingham, Woodbridge and Snape all within 15 minutes drive. This picturesque corner of Suffolk is prime for walkers, photographers and artists - with plenty of footpaths to explore you're never short of things to discover. Cyclists too will love enjoying the winding country lanes - Suffolk is a relatively flat county so you can cover a lot of ground in just a short space of time. For families, a trip to Framlingham is a must; if only to see Ed Sheeran's famous 'Castle on the Hill'. If you are a music lover, why not head to Snape Maltings? With a year round programme of music and workshops there is plenty here to cater for all tastes - complete with a mixture of shops and eateries, it's a great place to spend a morning.
Self catering: The closest supermarkets near Barn Cottage can be found at either Framlingham or Saxmundham, or alternatively you could always order a delivery to your door. For locally sourced produce we recommend a short trip out to Friday Street Farm - complete with butchery and farm shop. There's also a cafe on site too so we recommend at least a breakfast whilst you're there. Equally worth a visit is the farm cafe at Marlesford - they're range of homemade pies are delicious!
Eating and Drinking out: Your closest pub is The Crown Inn at Great Glemham. Picture exposed beams and brickwork and a warm welcome - you'll be back again for sure. There are a number of other pubs very close by in the vicinity so you really will be spoilt for choice. Of course, if finer dining is your thing, we recommend a trip to nearby Aldeburgh and Woodbridge, each with a fine selection of eateries.
- The front door opens onto a small hallway with coat hooks and boot storage.
- Open plan room with kitchen, dining and sitting area. Fully fitted kitchen with electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer and dishwasher. Table and chairs for 6. Sitting area with 3 sofas, dresser, coffee tables and lamps, SmartTV showing Freeview, DVD player and projector.
- Shower room with wet room style shower, w.c., basin and heated towel rail.
- Stairs lead to the
- Landing with occasional chairs, bookshelf, full length mirror and chest of drawers.
- Bedroom 1 with King bed, bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers, easy chair and built in wardrobe with hanging space.
- Bedroom 2 with 2 full sized single beds, bedside table and lamps.
- Family Bathroom with bath and hand held shower, w.c., basin and heated towel rail.
- Bedroom 3 with Double bed, beside tables and lamps, easy chair, chest of drawers and built in wardrobe with hanging space.
- Guests are asked to be aware that there are sloping ceilings in the upstairs bedrooms and on the landing.
- A private patio with small area of lawn to the side of the owners garden.
- Storage heating is provided.
- In respect of future guests and the owners, please do not smoke in Barn Cottage.
- All bed linen and towels are provided, but please bring your own beach towels.
The owners were lovely and gave us a warm welcome. The cottage was excellent, 6 of us stayed but were joined daily by the rest of our family of 3 and there was plenty of room for all 9 of us, including 3 children aged 10, 7 and 2. The garden was superb, the children being allowed to ride their bikes anywhere, they also found a den in the trees which caused much excitement! We couldn't fault the property and had a wonderful week.
Beautifully presented and the furniture and fittings very good quality. We were greatly impressed by the care the owner had taken to provide a very good range of crockery, cutlery, glasses, etc: well above the norm, I should add. Also games and jigsaw puzzles provided. A thoroughly excellent holiday in a wonderful part of England. The owners live adjacent and couldn't have been more friendly and even allowed my grandchildren to use their croquet set. The grounds were large and a delight too. We can't recommend Barn Cottage more highly!