- £513 per week
- £73 per night
- 2 Guests
- 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom
- 2 Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 double bed
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Open fire or woodburner
- Travel cot
- Enclosed garden
- Private parking
Important - Please note
- Check in: 7:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
A rural idyll… this beautiful self catering country cottage is close to the Suffolk coast and comes complete with a shepherd’s hut in the garden!
Barn Owl Retreat is a charming contemporary barn conversion for two… this romantic hideaway is comfortable and well equipped with accommodation over two floors. The open plan ground floor incorporates a light, airy kitchen and comfortable living space with wood burning stove and French doors onto the garden, perfect for alfresco living. This delightful holiday home is in a sheltered position, make the most of the tranquil surroundings and retire to the shepherd’s hut and relax with a glass of wine and a book. Be sure to look out for the barn owls over the fields as the sun sets. With the many footpaths and trails in the area, it’s perfect for a holiday with the dogs. There’s even a well stocked fishing lake on site. Get out and about and explore the area, just a 20 minute drive and you’re in Southwold on the Suffolk coast. Take a stroll around the town with its iconic pier, lighthouse, pastel coloured beach huts and fabulously fresh seafood! The town has some excellent independent shops, cafes and restaurants, be sure to call in for a pint of the acclaimed Adnams beer in one of the popular pubs.
Aldeburgh 12 miles, Dunwich 10 miles, Southwold 16 miles, Framlingham 8 miles.
Why we love this property… it’s idyllic! Charming interiors and a fabulous location, tuck yourself away in the shepherd’s hut and watch the sun go down, simply perfect.
Ground Floor - open plan living are
- Sitting area: sofas, coffee table, wall mounted flat-screen TV with Sky+ HD, wood burning stove with starter pack of firewood. Bookcase that runs the length of the stair wall filled with a large selection of books. Two sets of patio doors lead out to a gravel front garden in front of the drive. Additional guests can be accommodation on the pull down double bed.
- Fully fitted kitchen area: dishwasher, microwave, 4 ring hob electric oven/grill, fridge with ice box, dining table with seating for four.
- Master bedroom: double bed, bedside tables, bedside lamps, wooden dresser, chair.
- Ensuite bathroom: walk in shower, wash hand basin, WC. (shower has low ceiling).
- Outside: fully fenced gravel garden with a gate to the parking area. Lean-to shed for bike storage. Outside tap for washing dogs, sheltered seating area for 4 plus a table, table with parasol and seating for six. Shepherds hut with double bed, two seats and pull down table.
- Parking: private parking for 4 cars.
- Sleeps: 2 in 1 bedroom, plus 2 on pull down bed.
- Pets: 2 dogs welcome (to be kept on leads).
- Heating: central heating plus wood burning stove in the sitting room. Initial supply of logs provided.
- Notes: Linen and towels provided, please bring your own beach towels, travel cot (please bring cot bedding).No smoking. Check in: 4pm. Check out: 10am.
- The front door opens onto an open plan living area. Sitting area with 2 three seater sofas, coffee table, wall mounted flat-screen TV with Sky+ HD, display cabinets and free standing lamp. A log burning stove sits in one corner with a starter pack of firewood in a basket. A bookcase that runs the length of the stair wall filled with a large selection of books for all ages including a variety of children?s fiction, crime novels, historical, non fiction and National Geographic magazines. For additional guests there is also a pull down double bed in a cupboard. Two sets of patio doors lead out to a gravel front garden in front of the drive
- Fully fitted kitchen area with an array of kitchen utensils and appliances such as a breadbin, kettle, 4-slice toaster, dishwasher and microwave. There is a 4 ring hob electric oven which has a grill. There is a small fridge with an ice box, and plenty of cupboard space for storing groceries during a stay. Dining table with seating for four. A window overlooks the back garden seating area and the fields beyond.
- There is a cupboard under the stairs which stores an iron, ironing board, clothes airer, hoover, duster, broom and a dustpan and brush. There is also outdoor cushions and a parasol as well as a selection of board games and puzzles.On the wall directly opposite the front door there is a set of hanging hooks for coats.
- Easy stairs lead to the first floor with a handrail on the left hand side. Please note the stairs are open to the right.
- Master bedroom with a standard, wooden-frame double bed with bedside tables either side with drawer space, bedside lamps, wooden dresser, mirror and occasional chair. A window looks out onto the drive and surrounding fields beyond. Two optional storage cupboards into the eaves of the building provide suitcase storage if required.
- En suite bathroom with a wash hand basin, w.c., heated towel rail, bathroom cupboard. There is walk-in shower, please note that this does has a low ceiling (height of 5ft 5?).
- Fully fenced gravel garden with a gate to the parking area. A lean-to/shed provides and excellent space for bike storage and also houses the mop and bucket.
- Outside tap for washing dogs
- Sheltered seating area with seating for four plus a table
- Outside table with parasol, seating for six
- Shepherds hut with double bed, two seats and pull down table
- Views of surrounding fields, sometimes home to horses
- The cottage is centrally heated with a wood burning stove in the sitting room. An initial supply of logs are provided.
- Bed linen and towels are provided, but please bring your own beach towels if you are planning a trip to the coast. If using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding for it.
- 2 dogs are welcome. There are plenty of walks surrounding the cottage across the meadow land, but owners are kindly asked to keep their dogs on a lead.
- Private parking for up to 4 vehicles.
- In consideration of others, please do not smoke on the property.