- £448 per week
- £64 per night
- 2 Guests
- 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom
- 2 Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- Towels provided
- Wet room
- Open fire or woodburner
- Washing machine
- Travel cot
- Private parking
- On one level, no stairs
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Wet room
Important - Please note
- Check in: 7:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
A beautifully presented dog friendly Suffolk holiday home set in landscaped gardens on the banks of the river Deben.
The perfect romantic escape… this one bedroom cottage is a great option for a couple and their dogs. Interiors are contemporary and Scandi style with a central wood burning stove at the heart of the home, a great place to kick off your shoes and relax whatever the weather. Constructed of oak and glass with wide French doors and windows to one side, Akenfield has plenty of outside space with a lovely cottage garden extending to one third of an acre. Lawns lead down to the banks of the River Deben, home to otters, perch, kingfisher and owls. Why not borrow a rod from the owner and try your hand at fishing during your stay. The gardens are perfect for alfresco dining too, a peaceful spot to fire up the barbeque and enjoy the peace and tranquility of the Suffolk countryside.
This area is excellent for walking, cycling and exploring the local villages. Visit Framlingham with its impressive Castle, individual shops and bistros, and historical Woodbridge with its galleries, boutiques and excellent restaurants. Head to the Suffolk Heritage Coast, just a short drive away with great coastal walks and towns to explore along the way from Orford and Aldeburgh to Dunwich and Southwold.
Woodbridge 9.5 miles, Framlingham 4.5 miles, Snape 11 miles, Aldeburgh 15 miles, Orford 13 miles, Lavenham 29 miles
Why we love this property… a couple’s retreat with a cosy wood burning stove and fabulous gardens… you’ll want to stay forever!
All accommodation is on the ground floor
- Open plan living area: gas oven with grill and hob, fridge with freezer compartment, washing machine, microwave, dining bar with stools. Oak dining table and 4 chairs. Two sofas, a classic 'poang' chair, iPod dock, Swedish wood burning stove, Freeview TV DVD/TV/radio combi. Glass wall with French doors onto terrace with seating.
- Bedroom: king size bed, wardrobe, drawer unit, TV, armchair, bedside tables.
- Shower wet room: shower, wash hand basin, WC.
- Outside: wraparound landscaped gardens, wooden armchairs, wooden picnic bench, table and 4 chairs. Lockable storage facility for bicycles. Wooden deck area with seating on riverbank with rowing boat for guests to use (at their own risk).
- Parking: private gated driveway with space for one car.
- Sleeps: 2 in 1 bedroom.
- Pets: 2 dogs welcome. Towels, dog bowls, poo bags and treats provided.
- Heating: the property is newly constructed and very well insulated. Wood burning stove with log supply.
- Notes: WiFi, bed linen and towels are included. Travel cot is available for small babies, please bring cot bedding, (property is not really suitable for crawling babies or toddlers). No smoking. Check in: 4pm. Check out: 10am.
- All accommodation is on the ground floor.
- Front door leads into a tiled lobby with coat stand, shoe rack and access to the bedroom, shower room and open plan living area.
- The bedroom is spacious with a king sized bed, wardrobe, drawer unit, TV showing Freeview, cheval mirror, armchair and bedside tables with lamps and hair dryer. The room is carpeted and has views to the east over the garden.
- The shower room is fully tiled with stylish fittings including basin, wc, glass shelving, mirror and wet room style shower, with instant hot water.
- The open plan living area includes a modern fitted kitchen with storage cupboards, a slimline gas oven with grill and hob, fridge with freezer compartment, washing machine, microwave and a dining bar with stools. For more formal dining, there is an oak dining table and 4 chairs. The sitting area includes two 2-seater sofas, a classic 'poang' chair, coffee table, iPod dock, Swedish wood burning stove and a corner unit with freeview TV DVD/TV/radio combi - CDs can be played through the DVD on the TV. The west facing wall is entirely glass including french doors onto an outside sitting area.
- The property is accessed via a private shingle driveway, which is gated, with space for one car.
- Beyond the gate is a path to the front of the property and shingled sitting area where guests are welcome to use the charcoal barbecue. The landscaped gardens extend all around the property, the front garden being laid to lawn with flower borders. The rear garden rolls gently down to the river and small wooden deck area, complete with rowing boat for guests to use (at their own risk). There are also seats to view the river and fish if desired.
- Seating in the garden includes: wooden armchairs, wooden picnic bench, table and 4 chairs.
- There is a lockable storage facility for bicycles.
- The property is newly constructed and very well insulated. There is a log burning stove in the living room and an initial supply of logs is provided. There is an oil filled electric radiator in the bedroom and heated towel rail in the bathroom.
- Bed linen and towels are included. If using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding for it.
- Towels, dog bowls, poo bags and treats are all provided for dogs.
- In consideration of other visitors, please do not smoke in the property.
- An unlimited broadband/wifi service is provided.
- Hot water on demand supplied by an external boiler. Water softening treatment.
- There is a charcoal barbecue available. There is also an iron and ironing board and hairdryer.
Couldn't fault it. A beautifully situated, extremely warm, cosy and comfortable home from home, with wonderfully landscaped gardens down to the river. Must be wonderful in the summer - the winter was pretty enough. Excellent views and skies, birds and their sweet song all around us.
Superb property, the location, standard of accommodation was excellent
What a great find Akenfield Cottage has proved to be. A spotlessly clean, light and airy cottage with lots of space and a beautiful garden. Thank you for your friendly hos[pitality, we've had a lovely week. Keith and Elaine. T
Thank you for making us so welcome. The cottage is absolutely lovely. We have been very comfy. This is ur first visit to the area and we a great time. The cottage is perfectly positioned to go out for days without travelling far. As for your lovely garden we are going home inspired.
A lovely week in a beautiful cottage and amazing garden. The Kingfisher on the river was a treat. Lots of lovely dog walks, can recommend the footpath to Cove hive beach which dogs are allowed on. Very quiet sandy beach just up from Southwold. Thank you for such a well equipped dog friendly cottage.
Lovely cottage and exceptional gardens and grounds. Great location for Suffolk and surrounding areas. Very helpful neighbour and housekeeper.
Lovely cottage, beautiful gardens, great weather equals fab holiday. Thanks, see you again.
A great week. We have spent a lot of time in the lower garden watching the Kingfisher's comings and goings. We sat away from the decking as the nest is under the bank below the decking. The cottage is superber, everything well thought out. A trip to the Indian in Wickham Market was a bonus. Excellent service and the food was subtle with loads of flavour, better than a fine dining establishment in Cambridge.
We really did strike it lucky in finding this gorgeous holiday home in a search. Although weather could have been a bit better we had a lovely week with the cherry on the top seeing the Kingfisher. Thank you Ruth & David.
A wonderful and peaceful break. We love the peace and quiet, watching the Hares in the next field along, with a fleeting glance of Deer, the Kingfisher but alas no Otter. Thank you for your hospitality. P.s great sighting if a Barn Owl hunting!
What Tranquil find, we have both been extremely relaxed. Your garden is wonderful. The cottage has everything ones needs all the home comforts! The Suffolk Countryside seems to go on and on, loved the Villages and Towns, not the roads! Archie loved the garden.
Thank you for a lovely week in your beautiful cottage. Lots of long walks in the wonderful Suffolk Countryside.
Fantastic property, location and owners
Well equipped cottage, lovely outlook , warm and comfortable interior. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Had a lovely week in Akenfield Cottage. The cottage is bright and very well equipped and it is lovely and warm and has a lovely outlook from both sides of the main room. The weather was very windy during some of our week but we were warm and cosy indoors and relaxed as we enjoyed playing the board games and reading. Went out on the best days and really enjoyed visiting Flatford Mill and looking around some of the very pretty Suffolk villages.