- £570 per week
- £81 per night
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 2 single beds
- 1 WC
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Washing machine
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Enclosed garden
- Private parking
- Ground floor WC
Important - Please note
- Check in: 4pm
- Check out: 10am
The ultimate rural retreat… this beautiful barn conversion ticks all the boxes, perfect for a family holiday in Suffolk with the dogs and kids.
Sitting on a small hilltop, The Granary has lovely views over the rooftops, countryside and woodland. This beautiful self catering holiday home has undergone recent refurbishment and provides excellent accommodation for four guests in two bedrooms. Interiors are stylish, finished to a very high standard offering comfortable, easy living with beamed ceilings and cottage style furnishings. Outside there’s a lovely lawned garden with a swing, a loggia terrace area for alfresco dining and plenty of parking.
Get out and about and explore the excellent network of footpaths around the cottage. The nearby Woodland Trust area Pound Farm is a wonderful mix of woodland, orchard, grassy races, wildflower meadows and ponds - all 250 or so acres of it fenced - great for dog walking. It’s just a short drive (of a couple of hours’ walk) to Framlingham, a fascinating market town with an impressive 12th-century curtain-walled castle, which still dominates the town. Be sure to stop off for lunch or dinner too, there are some excellent cafes, pubs and restaurants in the town. Alternatively, head to Southwold for a day on the beach, stroll along the prom and enjoy some of the best fish and chips!
Framlingham 4 miles, Woodbridge 10 miles, Aldeburgh 9 miles, Orford 12 miles, Southwold 18 miles.
Why we love this property… a beautiful converted barn in a stunning location, simply kick off your shoes and relax - perfect at any time of year.
- Sitting room: sofas, writing desk, TV with Freeview, DVD player.
- Kitchen: electric hob and oven, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, 1.5 bowl sink, microwave.
- Dining room: table, 4 chairs, dresser.
- External utility room: washing machine, WC.
- Bathroom: roll-top claw-footed bath with handheld shower, WC, was hand basin.
- Master bedroom: king-size bed, 2-seater sofa, chest of drawers, built-in wardrobe.
- Ensuite bathroom: bath with shower over, WC, wash hand basin.
- Bedroom 2: twin beds, bedside table, lamps, chest of drawers. Hanging space in cupboard on landing.
- Outside: rear garden is laid mainly to lawn plus terraced area with garden furniture, and barbeque, please supply your own charcoal.
- Parking: parking for several cars to the front of the property. Undercover parking is also available for one car, and/or storage for bikes, in the adjoining barn.
- Sleeps: 4 in 2 bedrooms.
- Pets: 2 well-behaved dogs are welcome, but please don't allow them upstairs.
- Heating: underfloor heating on the ground floor, radiators on the first floor powered by an eco-friendly ground source heating unit.
- Notes: WiFi - internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use, unsuitable for games or downloading of films. Please bring connection cables as you may have to attach your laptop to the router. Excessive use of the internet will be charged at cost. Bed linen and towels (but not beach towels) are provided. If using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding. No smoking. Check in: 4pm. Check out: 10am.
- Enter into a spacious hallway, with shoerack and hooks on your left
- The beamed sitting room has a 2- and 3-seater sofa, writing desk and chair, flatscreen TV with Freeview, DVD player, and stereo
- The kitchen is well-equipped with electric hob and oven, fridge and freezer, dishwasher, 1.5 bowl sink, toaster, kettle, and microwave
- The dining room has table and chairs for four, and a dresser
- Just outside the back door from the kitchen is a utility room housing a washing machine and w.c.
- The stairs to the first floor are straight in two parts with a dog-leg half-landing and handrail on the left going up
- Bedroom with twin beds with a bedside unit in between, bedside lamps, chair and chest of drawers
- Hanging space for the twin bedroom is just across the landing in a large cupboard
- Family bathroom with roll-top claw-footed bath with handheld shower, w.c. and handbasin
- The large master bedroom has a king-size bed, 2-seater sofa, full length mirror, chest of drawers, large built-in wardrobe with shelves to the side and storage space, ideal for luggage, above
- The en suite bathroom to the master bedroom has a bath with shower over and shower screen, w.c. and handbasin
- The rear garden is laid mainly to lawn and has picket fencing on 2 sides roughly 1 metre high. The other 2 sides are bordered by The Granary itself and 2-metre panel fencing. There is a terraced area with garden furniture.
- To the front the rural views are extensive, across the valley to the village of Great Glemham and beyond
- There is a large area to the front of the property, providing parking for several cars
- Undercover parking is also available for one car, and/or storage for bikes, in the adjoining barn
- There is a charcoal barbecue provided although please supply your own fuel.
- Underfloor heating on the ground floor and radiators on the first are powered by an eco-friendly ground source heating unit
- Bed linen and towels (but not beach towels) are provided. All bed linen is synthetic. If using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding for it.
- In consideration of other visitors, guests are asked to not smoke in The Granary
- Two well-behaved dogs are welcome, but please don't allow them upstairs
- A limited broadband / wi fi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use and is unsuitable for games or downloading of films. Please bring connection cables as you may have to attach your laptop to the router. Excessive use of the internet will be charged at cost.
- The Crown Inn at Great Glemham (01728 663963) is roughly a half hour walk away. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criterion for your choice of property.
Suffolk Cottage Holidays is a very efficient company and very pleasant to deal with. The Granary at Great Glemham is a delightful property a mile outside a lovely village with a great pub. It is beautifully furnished and maintained, and has a very sunny garden (when the sun does shine). The main bedroom is luxurious and there are great views from the comfortable sofa that is in it.