- £556 per week
- £79 per night
- 2 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- No Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 double bed
- 1 bathroom
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Private parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
In the delightful market town of Hadleigh and ideally situated for exploring Constable Country, the home of Gainsborough at Sudbury, Flatford Mill and the Suffolk Heritage coast, Orchard Barn is a delightful property beautifully designed for holidays. Perfect for couples, this is a real home from home. Just a couple of minutes walk from Priory Hall, Hadleigh, Orchard Barn makes the perfect accommodation for wedding guests.
LAVENHAM 9 miles, FLATFORD 7.5 miles, IPSWICH 9 miles
About the Property: This superbly furnished converted barn makes for a wonderful holiday in the heart of the idyllic market town of Hadleigh. Its spacious interior has been imaginatively utilised, making this a fantastically comfy property to use as a holiday base. Homely touches have been added throughout to make the holidaymaker experience a memorable one. Cosy furnishings (including Ralph Lauren wallpaper and Emma Bridgewater crockery) following a coastal theme are inviting whatever the season - warm and cuddly in winter, bright and light come summer. Everything you could possibly need is here, from walking maps to cooking utensils, meaning you can truly relax in this stunning part of Suffolk.
The open plan living/dining area has a high, vaulted ceiling, with its white finish making the room feel spacious but not empty. The perfect place to relax with a glass of wine and a book.
Within walking distance of the Priory Hall wedding venue, Orchard Barn makes perfect accommodation for guests travelling from afar.
Sleeps: 2 - 1 double with an en suite shower room.
This house is ideal for: A couple who are looking for a really comfortable property to use as a base to explore mid-Suffolk. Walkers will be ideally based to ramble through some of the county's most beautiful countryside, and people looking to explore Constable Country and the Dedham Vale Area of Outstanding Beauty will be ideally situated at Orchard Barn. For those of you who could easily spend a few days meandering in and out of antique shops, delicatessens, boutiques, and perhaps stopping for a spot of leisurely lunch, Hadleigh is just the spot.
Things to do: Once famous for its wool cloth, Hadleigh was amongst the most important wool and market towns in the area. At the heart of Hadleigh is a rich and important architectural history with origins in Saxon times. A royal town for the 9th century Danish King Guthrum, Hadleigh is amongst the nation's most important archaeological towns. The Deanery Tower and church are really worth a visit during your time in Hadleigh, as is the picturesque high street. If architecture and history are your cup of tea, a walk around Hadleigh town centre is a must.
Kentwell Hall in Long Melford is a romantic, moated red brick Tudor mansion in a peaceful parkland setting. Kentwell makes for a fantastic family outing, with events for all ages throughout the year. The re-creation days are especially popular - a lovely interactive way to see how the family in a Great Tudor House might have lived.
No visit will be complete without a visit to the Dedham Vale Area of Outstanding Beauty - Constable Country as it is most commonly known - with its gentle sloping countryside peppered by the picture-book villages of Dedham, Flatford and East Bergholt. The characteristic lowland English landscape made famous by the artist John Constable is still recognisable today. The charm of the villages and beauty surrounding the countryside make Constable Country worthy of a visit at any time of the year. Staying at Orchard Barn, you're also ideally located to explore the delights of Lavenham, Kersey, Clare, Cavendish and the many other exceptionally pretty towns and villages in the area.
Self catering eating and drinking: A ten minute drive away is Hollow Trees farm shop, where you can stock up on a delicious array of locally sourced produce, including home grown meats, fresh vegetables, freshly baked bread, cheeses, local beers, wine and cider - everything you need for a thoroughly calorific holiday!
Hadleigh Food Services is a high class butchery and grocery which specialises in sausages, home cooked ham, fresh green groceries, and plenty more daily needs - a great place to stock up. Hadleigh High Street is just a few minutes walk from Orchard Barn, and there you'll find lots of lovely independent food shops, including a grocer, farm shop, butcher, delicatessen as well as coffee shops. Look out for Hadleigh's Friday market too.
Eating: Situated on the High Street of the pretty historic market town, the Kings Head serves excellent food at sensible prices. The open fire within a large inglenook fireplace as well as a wood-burning stove makes it a great place to hunker down in winter. Italian Restaurant The White Hart Inn is also a popular choice; a mere 5-minutes walk from the cottage, dine and enjoy great views over the local cricket club and fields beyond.
Don't forget the Hadleigh Ram and soon to be opened The Marquis of Cornwallis in nearby Upper Layham too!
For more information on the area, please see our online guides, Visit Constable Country and Visit Lavenham.
- Living and Dining Area: This spacious room comprises of a vaulted ceiling, painted wooden flooring and a lounge come dining area. The lounge area has sofa, wing chairs, a campaign chair and a flatscreen television with inbuilt DVD player. In the dining area there is an extendable table with four chairs, a built-in coat and storage cupboard, and garden views
- The Kitchen: The contemporary kitchen comes complete with spacious cupboard units, a dishwasher, granite work surfaces, gas hob and an electric oven. Views of the owner's kitchen garden can be enjoyed. Adjacent to the kitchen is a walk-in pantry with shelves, a low level fridge, a microwave, iron and ironing board
- Fusing contemporary chic with classic fittings, the double en-suite bedroom has fitted wardrobe plus another full height cupboard at top of stairs The bedroom has been tastefully decorated using Ralph Lauren wallpaper in order to create a New England style. Promising to indulge guests in comfort, top quality bedding is provided, garden views and soft furnishings that help to establish a memorable stay. With this in mind, guests can also benefit from features such as a portable hairdryer, feather and down pillows and magazines. The luxury en suite has underfloor heated limestone tiles and a spacious shower cubicle and is well equipped with features such as a power shower, electrical shaving socket, wall mounted magnifying make up mirror and heated towel rail
- Private parking
- A limited broadband / wi-fi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use and is unsuitable for games or downloading of films. Please bring connection cables as you may have to attach your laptop to the router. Excessive use of the internet will be charged at cost
- In consideration of other visitors, please do not smoke in the property
- Bed linen and towels provided
- Central heating provided
- Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criteria for your choice of property
- A pretty enclosed patio to the side of the property can be enjoyed by guests. Table and chairs are supplied for outside dining
Suffolk Holiday Cottages made the booking of the holiday really easy, pleasant & totally stress free. Orchard Barn is a really gorgeous place to stay & the lovely owner has thought of everything you could possibly want or need to make it a very special holiday. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Orchard Cottage & Suffolk Holiday Cottages.